Sunday, May 6, 2012

Never, ever forgotten...

On this day, 4 years ago, three sweet little boys entered this world, but sadly, one of them was born sleeping, one of them survived mere minutes and passed away in my arms, and the other couldn't live without his brothers and passed away the very next day. Typing that, it sounds like someone elses story, but sadly those 3 boys are my nephews, Mateo, Ian and Anthony. The impact they made in our family in their VERY short time, will always be felt. My heart aches for all of you out there who have lost your children...I can't even imagine your pain. My heart breaks everyday for my sister who, after not being able to get pregnant, got pregnant with 3 sweet boys, and in a matter of days, after trying to stop her labor, at 23 1/2 weeks, they couldn't stop it anymore and she (and her husband) lost all their of their sweet sons...UGH, heartbreaking! If you read this today, please stop and pray for my sister and her husband. It's been four years, they have two more beautiful children, but that doesn't take away the pain, it doesn't take away the fact that today they should be celebrating the 4th birthday of their triplet sons, surrounded by friends and family. Instead, they are at the beach, like they do every year, writing names in the sand (of their sons and other baby loss families) and memorializing what should have been. Again, the pain is too huge to even try and imagine.

Mateo, Ian and Anthony...you are gone, but NEVER forgotten. I think of you every single day! Your lives taught me how to have a heart for those who are in your mommy and daddy's shoes. I love you, I miss you and I will see you faces again someday, in Heaven!

Love,
Zia




5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am praying for you on this day Christina. May God bless you here on out and remove some of that pain. Im here if you need anything. xoxo

Lucy McCracken said...

I can't begin to imagine the pain and sorrow it would feel like to loose a child. My heart goes out to you and your sister's family. For some reason God chose to have them with Him right away. You have a very lovely blog and I'm following it. Have a lovely day.
www.findyoursparkle2.com

Kayla said...

I have heard you talk about these three little guys before and each time i shed a little tear. i can't imagine what your sister and her family go through each day much less on their birthday. hugs!

Karen said...

Found you through Kelly's linkup. So sorry to hear about your nephews. I will keep your sister in my prayers.
Karen

Jackie said...

Thinking of you and your sister's family this month - and praying that you'll find peace to help you through.