Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April Showers Bring May Flowers

Hello friends!

My, my, my, it's been awhile...I've still been visiting and following up on you all, but not having much time for blogging myself :) Life is constantly changing (as we all know) and that surely can be said for our lives! :)

We were supposed to move come the end of June, that is not happening. We had already put in our notice NOT to renew our lease where we currently live, I was beginning to look at new places to rent, and getting very excited to move and then a bomb was dropped...layoffs were happening at Manny's job and things weren't looking good. We certainly couldn't, knowingly, move into a more expensive home, when Manny's job was uncertain. We immediately contacted our current leasing company, and told them we were staying! :) I was bummed, but honestly, if I HAD to stay in any neighborhood our current place is great...it's safe, theres lots of kids, it's quiet, it's well maintained, Manuel loves his school, etc. So needless to say, I'm chalking it up to God's plan, and accepting it for what it is. And about Manny's job...for now, it's completely stable! :) We make plans, and God laughs, right? :)

Manuel is continuing to improve each and everyday, no doubt because of prayer! I realize I've never touched specifically on what was going on, but we still have some further testing and evaluations to go through, and until I know that information I don't want to start speculating, but he has really come so far! He is doing awesome, academically, in school and we couldn't be more proud!

Mia is growing like a weed and easily one of the funniest children I know! :) Just last night we were driving home from daycare and I over heard her say to her babydoll..."Baby, you know why your belly hurts? Because you ate too much!" :) She may have heard that a time or two from us! :)

We are really settling into small group at church and I absolutely LOVE the other couples in our class. No one, but God, could bring together people the way He's brought all of us together. It's truly amazing and I am SO thankful!

Work was SOOOO crazy busy the last few days of the month. Yesterday was my busiest day on record! Although it was overwhelming at time, considering that one year ago I was going to be getting laid off, I'll take busy any day! :)

If you've been around my blog for awhile now, you'll know that for my family, April Showers don't bring May flowers....May brings lots of heartache as the anniversaries of entirely too many close family members and friends passings occur in May, but it also brings the anniversary of my husband getting sober, so that is the "flower" (so to speak) for our family this month. With all of these events happening in May, I'm sure I'll be around a lot more with true, from the heart posts. Get your tissues ready! ;)

But for now, I'll leave you with two recent pics I pulled from my cell phone of my awesome children...




1 comment:

Kayla said...

some beautiful babies!