Monday, April 9, 2012

A picture and a story

Happy Monday Friends! :)

I hope you all had a FABULOUS weekend...we had a beautiful Easter, and I have some pretty awesome pictures to share, but I need to upload them at home, and well, unfortunately, I'm at work :)

But in the meantime, I have a cute story/pic...

Tomorrow, Manuel starts "Open Door" tomorrow (a before/after school program our county runs at his elementary school (and several of the local elementary schools in the area. It's significantly cheaper than Celebree (where he's been going since he was 4), and with us moving at the end of June we needed to start cutting costs, and most importantly Manuel was requesting to go there because several of the kiddos in his Kindergarten class attend, so we obliged :)) Since Friday was his last day at Celebree and school doesn't start back (from Spring Break) until tomorrow, we figured today he would just go to Linnie's (aka Linda...Mia's sitter, and who watched Manuel from 8 month-4 years old.). Mia was very excited to have her big brother come with her today! :) We are driving down the road, and per usual, I had my local 95.1 Shine FM on (Christian radio) and a song came on that I LOVE "How Great is Our God" by Chris Tomlin...

Me: "Ohhhh, I LOVE this song!"
Manuel: "Are you going to raise your hand while you sing Mommy?" (as in raise my hand in praise, which I tend to do, yes, even in the car! :))
Me: "Not yet. It's not at the part where I do that."
Manuel: "Mia, are you going to do it too?" (he knows that Mia will often follow suite and also "praise" with me :))
Mia: Starts praying (our usual bedtime prayer. Silly girl! That's her "go to prayer" ;) then grabs Manuels hand (like we do when we pray at dinner). I stop at a red light, turn around and see this...

Life isn't perfect, but we (Manny and I), must be doing something right! ;)

And yes, Manuel got a haircut and yes he looks SO much older, but it looks GREAT! He just seems happier, which make me happy! :) (and yes, he's wearing Spongebob. I don't let him wear it to school, so he wanted to take full advantage and wear it today! ;))

I'll be back soon with some super adorable Easter pics! :)

2 comments:

christina said...

oh Christina!!! what an ADORABLE, funny story with an even more adorable photo!!! they are TOO TOO TOO CUTE! *almost* makes me want to not be one and done.

Courtney B said...

I have been absent from blogland for waaaaay too long! Where are you moving??
ADORABLE story!