Thursday, February 16, 2012

A little of this, a little of that...

Life around the Gomez household continues to go well, but I just haven't had the urge to blog! :) No rhyme or reason, just haven't felt like it, but that doesn't mean we haven't been having fun, working (not fun! ;)), and enjoying family time. And I've still been following my favorite ladies, commenting and praying (for those of you need prayer! :))

Let's see...

On the 8th the kids both got hair cuts...Mia's 1st one! :) I think I went a little conservative (in fear) and you really can't tell either of them got a cut! :) Next time I'll tell the stylist (my dear friend Lauren) to take off a little more! :)

Even a lollipop couldn't make her happy while she was in the chair! :) She cried the entire time, but not hysterically, just tears in her eyes, saying, "I no like" :) I couldn't get a picture of Manuel, where he wasn't making silly faces! :)
Last Saturday we took the kids to see Disney on Ice-100 Years of Disney! Not to sound cliche, but it was absolutely magical. Manuel and Mia sat there in awe of it all. (and Mia enjoyed getting up and dancing like a crazy child...typical Mia! ;))

My beautiful girl
My sweet boy
Manuel loves her SO much!
My babies and their daddy (aka the best hubby and father EVER! :))
Mia's sweet friend, R (Mia & R go to daycare together. R's mommy (we work together) actually took R to Linnie's house when their daycare provider needed off, and R loved it SO much, that she switched to Linnie's full-time! :)) They are little BFF's!
A shot (albeit blurry) of the finale where all the characters came out together (this is a few of them)

Then, on Valentines Day (this is what I did for my family :)) hubby sent flowers to work (awww! :)) I hate the thought of money being spent on flowers because they die and it seems like SUCH a waste (an expensive waste! ;)) but hubby insists, so I just accept it! ;) For dinner we were just planning on doing turkey dogs, veggies and a side (the dinner I had planned BEFORE I realized it was Vday, and I knew the kiddos had their 6 & 2 year old well child visits (yes, 6 months back when I made the appt I obviously didn't think, "Hey, February 14th is Valentines Day!" ;)) but it's no big deal, hubby and I are low-key people, so we didn't have these grandious plans! And we were actually just going to stick with the turkey dog dinner (we're simple people! ;)) but hubby surprised me and whipped up this pasta dinner, homemade garlic bread, and bought a super cute Vday cake...the kids had turkey dogs and veggies! :)) It was a perfect night!

My beautiful roses (I'm not an all red roses kinda girl!) They are starting to open up and look beautiful!

2 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Pretty flowers! My dad got my mom flowers when they were first dating and she got mad at him, so he stopped and never got them again. Now, I think she'd like some!
And that "I know like" from Mia is the the cutest saddest thing. I'm glad she made it through. :)

Courtney B said...

"I no like" Break my heart! But at the same time it's so precious :)
Disney on Ice?? Oh how FUN! I don't even have kids yet and I want to see it sooooo bad!