Thursday, January 26, 2012

Struggling?

I have had some internals struggling going on lately...nothing really serious (in the grand scheme of life) but just a lot going through my head. I hope to open up soon about it on here and get some advice. It has NOTHING to do with my husband or children, like I said, it's all internal! :) BUT with that being said, I feel like struggle is going on all around me...friends, family, and some of my dearest blogging buddies, just seem to be in "ruts" and I hate seeing it. I know worrying is a sin, because all things should be handed over to God, and He will help those in need, but sometimes we worry, sometimes we sin, sometimes we struggle, and all the prayers in the world don't seem to help our souls (unfortunately!) We can't compare our trials and tribulations to each other, because trust me, there is ALWAYS some worst off than you, or struggling more than you, but in the moment you feel alone, sad, and helpless. I have shared a particular verse of this song with a few people lately because it REALLY speaks to my soul (so much so, that it's now the ring tone on my phone! :)) but I thought I would share the entire song with you all, in hopes that someone at this very second, needs to read these words. I am bolding/underlining/italicizing the verse that gets me EVERY SINGLE TIME...

Healing Hands of God by Jeremy Camp
I have seen the many faces of fear and of pain

I have watched the tears fall plenty from heartache and strain
So if life's journey has you weary and afraid
There's rest in the shadow of His wings

I have walked through the valleys, the mountains, and plains
I have held the hand of freedom that washes all my stains
If you feel weight of many trials and burdens from this world
There's freedom in the shelter of the Lord

And I have seen the healing hand of God
Reaching out and mending broken hearts
Taste and see the fullness of His peace
And hold on to what's being held out
The healing hand of God

And I have touched the scars upon His hands to see if they were real
He has walked the road before me, he knows just how I feel
When you feel that there's not anyone, who understands your pain
Just remember all of Jesus's suffering

'Cause I have seen the healing hand of God
Reaching out and mending broken hearts
Taste and see the fullness of His peace
And hold on to what's being held out

Cast all your cares on Him for He cares for you
He's near to the broken and confused
By His stripes our spirit is renewed
So enter in the joy prepared for you

I have seen the healing hand of God
Reaching out and mending broken hearts
Taste and see the fullness of His peace
And hold on to what's being held out
The healing hand of God

And one more song that I'd like to share, because again, the words speak volumes to me. In our struggles, in our heartaches, we have to remember this is all temporary. Life is SO short compared to eternity, eternity where we will see all of our loved ones again, eternity where we will be with our families FOREVER! What a beautiful thought! (Don't misread this, I want to live MANYYYYYYYYY more years with my amazing husband, children, family, etc. but it's just a good reminder that in times of pain, this is all temporary! :))...

Where I Belong by Building 429
Sometimes it feels like I'm watching from the outside

Sometimes it feels like I'm breathing but am I alive
I won't keep searching for answers that aren't here to find

All I know is I'm not home yet
This is not where I belong
Take this world and give me Jesus
This is not where I belong

So when the walls come falling down on me
And when I'm lost in the current of a raging sea
I have this blessed assurance holding me.

All I know is I'm not home yet
This is not where I belong
Take this world and give me Jesus
This is not where I belong

When the earth shakes I wanna be found in You
When the lights fade I wanna be found in You

All I know is I'm not home yet
This is not where I belong
Take this world and give me Jesus
This is not where I belong

Friends, if you are reading this, chances are I'm praying for you! :) I pray for you in your times of struggle, I pray for you in your times of joy. Things will get better...they ALWAYS do! :)

5 comments:

Kayla said...

feeling nothing but the internal struggle. ugh.

Jackie said...

thinking of you! xoxo

Shalyn said...

This is such a great, inspirational post. I have definitely been in those ruts and you are right- there is ALWAYS someone worse off! Its all about perspective. Great lyrics as well!

Lindsay said...

Praying for you! What an encouraging post though! XOXO

Hanna said...

I'm right there with yu m y beautiful friend. Thank you for the inspiration and love. You are always so good. all around just good.