Monday, January 30, 2012

Manuel's Year in Review (Part 2)

Thank you all very much for your sweet comments on my last post about struggles. I know we all struggle, it's the nature of life, but sometimes its good to know that you are not alone! Little did I know when I posted that, that I would continue to hear stories of struggle, even from one of my best friends in the entire world. I will be sharing about my struggles sometime this week, but I can not let any of what is going on overshadow what tomorrow is...the 6th birthday of my sweet, precious, amazing first born, Manuel Christopher! There aren't words to describe how much I love Manuel and his AMAZING heart! He is just amazing, true, genuine and the list could go on and on! :)

To read the first part of Manuel's year in review (along with a link to his birth story), go here!

And for good measure...

July: Our family vacation...LOVE that smile! :)
 July: Our family vacation...LOVE this picture! :)
 August: Building a fort/tent with Daddy during Hurrican Irene
 August: After it being postponed for DAYS (becuase of Hurricane Irene), Manuel finally started Kindergarten!
 September: Sundays were spent at church, and then rockin' our Ravens gear for football games! :)
 September: Being the best big cousin...helping Spencer open gifts! ;)
 October: A BEAUTIFUL Fall day, spent at the zoo...imitating the monkeys in this statue! ;)
 October: Celebrating Halloween as Darth Vader
 October: Getting dirty (and LOVIN' it!) at many trips to the pumpkin patch!
 November: After a few rough weeks, Manuel was rewarded for his awesome behavior by being able to bring home the class "pet", Bentley! We celebrated by dinner and bowling! :)
 November: On an unusually warm Fall day, Manuel learned to ride his bike without training wheels! :)
 November: Thanksgiving and all of the delicious desserts that come with it! :)
 December: Santa came!!!!! :)
December: Celebrating Christmas with our amazing family! :)

Manuel has had a pretty incredible, milestone filled past year...and January has already brought...him losing his first two teeth, getting to bring home Bentley AGAIN for awesome behavior, and a 6th birthday party at the bowling alley (pics coming soon!)

I love you Manuel Christopher! :)

2 comments:

Kayla said...

That is so cool. I am so bummed that Tater will be a late start for Kindergarden because of his birthday.

Jackie said...

It looks like Manuel had a great year being five! Can't wait to see some birthday party pics! :)