Sunday, January 8, 2012

"I can do all things...

through Christ who gives me strength." Those were the words that I repeated to myself over and over and over again while I got my MRI on Friday. Yes, it was an "open" MRI, HOWEVER, when you are claustrophobic (at least to the extent that I am), anything, any amount, over your face is terrifying and panic inducing. As the tech was sliding me (feet first), and the closer my face got to the top of the machine, I got more and more anxious. As my face got really close to being directly under the machine I started to freak and said, "How much further am I going to go in?" He said just a tiny bit more (as he kept pushing the button and pushing it again). Then he stopped and said, "Okay, that's as far as you're going." and from about the tip of my nose down was under the machine, I started freaking out and told him I couldn't do it. He kept saying, "But the sides are open, the sides are open." I wanted to say, "Here's the thing Mister, I don't care how much of the sides are open, I am EXTREMELY claustrophobic (which they already knew) and I'm not worried about what's to the left and right side of me, I'm worried about the mass of steel hanging over my face!" Of course I did not say that ;) but just started praying! He gave me a bulb type thingy to hold and squeeze in the event that I REALLY freaked out, and he walked out of th room. I started saying, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" and I just repeated that to myself, alternating turning my head to the left and to the right, opening and shutting my eyes, PRAYING, and just waiting for it all to end. Well friends, do you know how long it was...ONE HOUR AND 40 MINUTES!!!!! When I stood up to get off the table I thought to myself, "Hmmm, I wonder how long I was laying there?" and was shocked when I looked at my cell phone and saw that it was 5:10...I had laid down on the table at 3:30!!!!!! Of course I then started worrying, "Why in the world did it take so long!?!??!?! What did they see?" Unfortunately I won't be getting results until sometime this week. Please pray that everything is okay!

On to more fun topics :)...

Yesterday was an old family friends surprise 70th birthday. She and my grandmother have been close friends for years and years! Our family is there family and vice versa. They are all about as old school Italian as you can get and we had a blast. It was a nice distraction from the MRI worries. Manuel made friends with some of the other children there (after getting over his shy stage! :)) and before we knew it he was no where in site and didn't show up again (well of course they sporadically ran through the basement ;)) until it was time to go (he was SO sad to leave!) I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
And for good measure...
 A Christmas gift that I just LOVE..my "Mother" necklace :)
 Manuel and Erik
 BEAUTIFUL day in Maryland...gotta love low 60's in January! :)
 Mia and Daddy
 LOVE this pic (minus Manuel :(
 Jumping off the swing :)
 The aftermath of the homemade baked ziti ;)


 My mom and I (and my Uncle giving his little sister (my mom) bunny ears! :))

Don't forget to like my moms Facebook page here to be automatically entered to win an awesome Valentines Day basket of assorted cookies! :)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

You are the most positive person I know! I admire you my friend. Such great pictures! XOXO Thank you for your sweet comment a few days ago :) Means so much!

dottie said...

Just reading that gave me anxiety! I hope everything is ok!! I'll be thinking of you.

I'm just loving this weather! We haven't hit 60 yet in MN but 40's will work for me!