Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween and "30 Days of Thanks" begins :)

Hello friends!

Let me first start off by saying that last year, via my Facebook status updates, I did "30 Days of Thanks" and each day I listed something I was thankful. I got really awesome feedback from friends who appreciated my positive, upbeat posts in an "arena" that can be pretty drama filled and negative, so I wanted to do it again this year. In case we aren't friends on Facebook, I"m going to start off each of my blog posts with what I posted for that day on Facebook. It really makes you have to sit and reflect on the true blessings in life. Of course the first few days are easy but as you near the end of the month it gets more difficult BUT then you find yourself realizing the blessings in the smallest of things, which is truly awesome! :)

"and so begins my 30 days of thankfulness (in no particular order)...Day #1-I am so thankful for my sweet, beautiful, kind, ornery, wild children! :) If they are the only two little souls that every call me, "Mommy" I am one blessed lady! They bring me so much joy and happiness. It's not always easy, but I know God has given me two of the greatest gifts I could ever ask for! :)"
Now, on to today's post :)....

My goodness I miss blogging when I'm "out of the loop" for a few days/week! I hope this post finds you all doing wonderfully and if you celebrate Halloween, I hope that you and your children had a WONDERFUL time. We did! :) Even though yesterday was the last day of the month and SUCH a busy day at work, I knew there was nothing that was going to stop me from taking my children trick or treating. With that said, I worked my butt off over the course of the weekend to set myself up for a pretty "easy" day at work so I could leave right on time (4:30pm). The kids and I got home, got dressed, and handed out candy while we waited for Manny to get home from work. I tried to get a few good pics of the kids, but with an almost 6 year old (who was actually VERY cooperative) and a super independent, strong willed almost 2 year old (who was not cooperative), I didn't have the photo shoot I envisioned HOWEVER, it was not a major fail like last year ;) The kids got a ton of candy, most of which will be donated to the troops on Thursday at Manuel's schools Fall Festival (such a neat idea, and really, the least we can do!)

Here are some of our pics (I'm super bummed I didn't get a pic of Manny and the kiddos, but we PLANNED on taking at least one once we got home, but needless to say as soon as we all walked in the door, the kids were D-O-N-E! :)

 Darth Vader :)
 The kiddos watching for trick or treaters, waiting for Daddy, and just being plain cute :) (on the other side of that note on the door is letting the kids know we were a house that was celebrating Halloween and giving out candy! It's a thing our neighborhood did which I really liked that way it takes the guess work out of "should we knock or shouldn't we" :))
 The duck fueling up before heading out :)
 The duck hat last about 3.5 seconds! Oh well, they were both still adorable! :)
 Stopping at our sweet neighbors house first. Mia was really into it, and Manuel wasn't shy this year which was such a nice surprise! :)
 There is NOTHING that scares me more then Michael Myers (and that Halloween theme music, EWWWW! Gives me shivers just thinking about it! :) But Manuel and Mia were not scared after a minute or two (at first they were a little taken back :)). Mia kept saying, "Hi, hi, hi"
 They thought this guy was hilarious :)
 Enjoying a lollipop after all her hard work! :)
 My sweet boy! :)
 My kiddos and I :)
Have a great day friends! :)

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh. my. goodness. Mia in her duck costume is just too precious! And I love Darth Vadar too! I'm glad you all had a fun night trick or treating!

Lindsay said...

SO CUTE! I love Mia's ducky costume. :)

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Oh my! They are so cute! Mase was also Darth Vadar this year, but only for preschool.

And I love your thankful plan. :)

Kayla said...

Love their costumes!