Monday, November 7, 2011

Day #7 of Thanks...

Hello friends! I'm pretty tired on this Monday morning, but with good reason...I actually stayed up to watch the Ravens vs. Steelers game, the entire game, so getting about 5 hours of sleep isn't really up my alley, but it was SOOOOOOO worth it! Go Ravens!!!!! :)

Now, onto Day #7...

Day #7 of my Annual 30 Days of Thanks...today I am thankful for the fact that my children will grow up in a household where they realize the importance of, not only attending church regularly, but the importance of TRULY worshiping! Also, where God will always be #1 in their lives...


Me: "Manuel, do you know who Daddy's best friend is, in front of EVERYONE else?" (I was referring to Manuel).
Manuel: "Daddy's #1 best friend is God!" :)

Manuel: "If church is so important, why do we only go to church one day a week, but go to school 5?"
Me: "Good question, buddy!" :)

Every night we say family prayers, before we start we always make sure the TV is muted. The other night I said to Manny, "Hey Mans, mute the TV for a second." and even though it wasn't prayer time, Mia automatically started saying her prayers! Even at her young age, she is starting to "get it". We couldn't be more proud! :)

Have a great day friends! :)

2 comments:

Kayla said...

I feel bad because we aren't really religious but more spiritual. Tater knows who God is and we pray regularly. I just hope that we are doing whats right for him.

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Such sweet stories! I hope my kids are learning what we're trying to teach them. Some days it feels like slow progress. And Manual has a good point. :)