Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day #6 of 30 Days of Thanks..

Happy Sunday!!!! We just got home from church, and hubby and I tried out a couples Bible study class. I was such a nervous wreck walking up the stairs, to head in the class. I swear I was going to have a panic attack. It was SO ridiculous because HELLO, if you don't feel accepted and loved at your own church, then where in the world can you feel comfortable at!??!?!? :) Clearly, I have issues! ;) Manny was just laughing (in a loving a way, of course! :)) at me as we walked up the stairs. It was a HUGE step for me to walk in those doors and I'm glad I did. We plan to go back next week! :) Now, its' time relax, HOPEFULLY nap (my children did not get the memo about Daylight Savings time and were up at 5:30AM!!!!!) AND there is a HUGE Ravens vs. Steelers game on tonight that I'm TRYING to stay for (way past my bedtime! :)) I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend! Until tomorrow... :)

Day #6 in my Annual 30 Days of Thanks...today I am thankful for my dad, Lou! I miss him dearly, not a day goes by that I don't think about him, and I really wish he could have met Mia (he would have DEFINITELY called her, "Miss Hollywood" ;)) but I know he is in no greater place. He is free of drugs, alcohol, and all of his health issues. He is happy and free! I'm glad I got to spend the last few years of his life showing him love, family, and letting him get to know Manuel. They had a truly special bond! Love you and miss you Dad! :)

In case you are new, here is the background behind my dad...here, here and here

No comments: