Friday, November 4, 2011

Day #4 of Thanks...

Happy Friday!

I have gotten in the habit of shooting myself an e-mail each morning of what my thankful Facebook status was for the day, so I can just copy and paste it when I share it here, BUT this morning I overslept ONE HOUR AND FIVE MINUTES (this is huge for me! I NEVER oversleep!) but still managed to get to work on time (go me! ;)) But I'll share with you the gist of what I posted...

Day #4 of my Annual 30 days of Thanks...today I am thankful for my sister. She is a great person and super "smart. She has suffered a great deal of loss in her life but she continues to persevere and honor those who have suffered the same loss (sweet angel baby(ies). And she's has enough college credits, masters and all sorts of fancy degrees that she makes up for my lack thereof! ;) I love you Ames!" **My Facebook status flowed much better and sounded a lot nicer then this, but I tried to remember most of what I wrote. Facebook sounded better! :)**

My sister has suffered a loss that is TRULY unimaginable to my brain. To lose one child (at any age, gestation,etc.) is not something I can wrap my brain around, to lose your 3 sons within 24 hours of their birth, it's just, it's really, clearly I don't even have the words. I know how bad my heart hurt/still hurts and they were my nephews (an honor that I hold very dear). I can't imagine if I had felt them move, grow, and thrive for 23 1/2 weeks, and then one day they were just gone. Ugh, it breaks my heart to just think about. Yes, my sister has gone on to have two more beautiful, amazing children (Vivienne and Spencer), but she NEVER forgets about her sons, or stops honoring their memory, 3 years later. They "celebrate" their birthday each year, they honor them at all sorts of remembrance walks, and they are, of course, remembered on National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. Not only does she honor her boys, but she honors all of her friends who have lost children...through writing their names in the sand, releasing balloons, etc. And each day in October she dedicated a day to child(ren) that have been taken from this Earth too soon, where she personally knew the parents. She really is a great person and I love her with all my heart! :)
I snapped this picture with my cell phone this morning and I thought it would be an appropriate one to share in this post...
Our God is so great and creates such beauty. In our times of sorrow and sadness, we have to remember that this life, my friends, is only a breath compared to eternity. Tough times will come, we will experience sadness and loss, but eternity, behind this great beautiful sky, is beyond our comprehension!

Happy Friday friends! :)

2 comments:

dottie said...

This is so good! My heart breaks again for your sister, I don't know how I would move on from something like that.

That photo? Absolutely perfect for this post.

Courtney B said...

Your sister is so strong, I can't imagine what she's been through :(
What a beautiful morning you got to experience! God is SO good!
Have a great weekend :)