Monday, October 24, 2011

An update

Hello friends!

I've been missing in action over the last few days here in blogworld, but for good reason. My sweet baby has been very sick since Thursday! :( Friday morning we ended up in the ER...(excuse my ginormous man hand! ;))
I tried getting her into to see her Ped on Thursday afternoon because I knew something was "off". She was feverish, and just not being herself. Unfortunately her Ped (who I ADORE) is on maternity leave, so we were trying to get squeezed in with another ped in the same pratice (a Johns Hopkins practice, might I add). I was basically brushed off (which NEVER happens when her ped is there) as an overly concerned mother who was jumping the gun. They told me they couldn't get Mia any time on Thursday or even Friday. If her fever continued to take her to urgent care. I knew she wouldn't be going to daycare on Friday with a fever, so my mom was watching her. She continued to run a fever all night from Thursday into Friday, and when I took her to my moms on Friday morning (before work), I told her to just take her to urgent care when they opened at 8am, which she did. The doctor there pricked Mia's finger for labs, and told my mom that Mia needed to be seen in the ER because her labs were abnormal. (HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO crazy momma mode!!! The first thing that I think of when I hear abnormal cell counts is Leukemia! (Is that just me being crazy!??! Probably! :)) But anyway, I left work, took Mia to the ER, a strep test, catheter :( and lots of poking and prodding later, we are discharged with, "It's just a virus. It has to run it's course!" My poor baby! :( Now don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's "nothing" BUT sometimes a definite answer is SO much easier to hear then a basic, general answer that makes you feel like they should say, "We don't know what's wrong with her, so we're going to tell you it's a virus!" :) She SEEMS to be on the mend (KNOCK ON WOOD!!) and still not herself, but there was no fever overnight for the first time since Thursday! Please keep her in your prayers that she will be back to her happy self in no time!

Andddddd now for the last week of the month starting at work and I am SO busy! So let's keep our fingers crossed that everyone stays well, Mia is back to normal soon, and Momma keeps her sanity! ;) Honestly, I have NO clue how single parents do it! If I had to do all of this without my husbands help I'd be in the nut house for sure! :)

I hope you all are doing great! Have a great week and hopefully I'll be able to check in soon! :)

4 comments:

Courtney B said...

Oooh poor Mia! Definitely praying that she stays well, and everyone else too! :) Good luck with your busy week!

Jackie said...

Your poor sweet girl! :( Praying that she's back to herself soon!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Poor little Mia! Definitely praying for her and the rest of your family.

Kayla said...

I hope Mia is running around soon. I get so sad when Tater Man gets sick.