Saturday, October 15, 2011

National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day

October 15th, for those of you who may not know, is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. It is a day to remember and honor all those sweet babies taken from this planet entirely too soon. As I've mentioned many times before, in May 2008, my sister and her husband lost my triplet nephews, Mateo, Ian and Anthony, due to being born at 23 1/2 weeks. Not a single day goes by that I don't think of my sweet nephews. They are still very much an important part of our family. We went to my sisters house tonight to hang out, and were sure to light the boys candles at 7pm, as my sister and her hubby do every year, to honor the boys, and all the babies called Home too soon. Here are some pics...
 Mia and Manuel, honoring their cousins....Vivi, honoring her big brothers (Spencer wanted no part of this photo! :))
 Vivi and her brothers candles and figurines
 Spencer (and my sister) honoring his brothers

Remembering and praying for all of my blogging friends who have suffered a loss. I think about you all often!

4 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Thank you for posting this. I love that you honor your nephews this way. I think I've already mentioned this to you, but I also have a little niece and nephew in heaven, born at 22 weeks.

Kayla said...

I am lucky to have never felt such pain as this. It breaks my heart. I am so sorry about your sister.

Jackie said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate your nephews! I love the tradition of lighting candles every year; we're going to make that a tradition in our house too.

WhisperingWriter said...

What a wonderful tribute.