Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Saddened...

To those people that don't blog, this would probably seem so crazy and "weird" but to my fellow bloggers, I know you'll understand...my heart for the blogging community is huge. I include you all in my prayers each day, and some of you, who I've really connected with on a personal level, I pray for specifically. When you are rejoicing in a wonderful moment in your lives, I rejoice too. When you experience heartache, my heart aches for you as well. Grant it, to some it might seem strange because we are "strangers" but that's just the kind of person I am. Once you've taken a place in my heart for whatever reason, my heart keeps you in it! :)

For some reason (not sure why because I have never had any dealings with adoptions) but I am drawn to adoption blogs. Whether it be the birthmoms, the parents the child is placed with, etc. I am just drawn to their stories. I find adoption fascinating). I am also drawn to infertility blogs (again, not something I've ever directly dealt with), but I just read these blogs, the hope, the fear, the sadness, etc. and it makes me realize what a blessing my children are, how lucky I am to have them, and how I should NEVER take them for granted, EVER! I love when an infertile couple announces on their blog that they are going to be parents (no matter how it happens...naturally, adoption, IVF, etc.) But as we all know, life isn't always full of rainbows and sunshine!

Today I am beyond sad...I have followed Amy's blog for quite some time now and she is SUCH an inspiration. Her Faith is amazing. Her love is amazing, and she and her husband seem like the cutest couple EVER! :) They are on their journey to parenthood and it has not been easy for them. A few days ago Amy announced on her blog that a young girl had chosen them to parent the baby she was pregnant with. I was ECSTATIC! (it's so crazy how you can be SO genuinely happy for someone who you've never met and perhaps they've never even looked at your blog! :) but I was thrilled for them!) Amy and her husband were cautiously optimistic (understandably so. They've been through their fair share of heartbreak), but hopeful! I just smiled as I read each of Amy's post and just knew in my heart that this baby would be theirs. I've been praying for them EVERYDAY. Unfortunately, Amy just posted that it was all a lie. Not Amy's account of the last few days, but the young girl on the other end of the phone had made it all up. My mouth dropped as I read the post and my heart broke. How does this happen!?!?!? How do you believe that God has answered your prayers that you will become a Mommy and then it's gone?!?!?! How does your heart recover from this?!??! I don't know, but Amy's beautiful heart made it obvious that she will forgive and her faith in God will not waiver. How amazing is that!?!??! Please pray for Amy, her husband and their family.

Amy, if you ever read this...you are AMAZING! I will pray EVERY.SINGLE.DAY for your heart, your mind and the baby(ies) that will call you, Mommy and DW, Daddy when God places them in your arms.

5 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

My heart goes out to your friend. I can't understand why someone would lie about something like that. It sounds like they are already amazing parents and just need to find their child. Hopefully there will be a happier ending to their adoption journey soon.

Courtney B said...

Oh my goodness... a lie? Poor Amy! I can't believe that girl could break hearts like that :( Definitely praying for Amy!
And you are so sweet Christine, but I agree! I love my bloggy friends as much as my real life friends :)

Jackie said...

Oh, that story breaks my heart. I just can't imagine.

I have a big heart for my blogger friends, too...the same as I do for my IRL ones! :)

Kayla said...

OMG! I read this yesterday and my heart broke and I instantly got angry for your friend. I under completely how you could have emotions towards your blogger friends. She is in my prayers.

sara said...

I'm a sucker for those kinds of blogs too (and not just because I lived it) I think it's hard not to seek out places to provide support when you have a big heart. Which you definately do!!