Monday, September 12, 2011

Magic Moments: Popcorn Party

Today I am linking up with Shell for Magic Moments. Click on the button and link up too! :)



I decided to go out of my comfort zone on this fun contest...clearly magic moments in life can be a range of many things...birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, etc. But the picture I'm linking up is none of the above. Honestly, the quality of the picture is pretty poor, however, it is definitely a "magic moment" I'm glad that I caught on camera! :) I am, many would say ;) an uptight parent. I don't like messes. I'm not a fan of Play-doh. You'll never catch me giving my children a container of sugar and flour to "get creative" with :) but this moment is one I will NEVER forget, and neither will Manuel (or his friend Alex). Manuel actually still talks about this day, almost THREE YEARS later! :)

Alex is one of my best friends sons. He came over to have a Power Ranger Sleepover with Manuel (not for any reason, just because :)) We put on a movie and popped some popcorn. The boys were sitting quietly, eating the popcorn when Manny (my husband) decided to take the bowl of popcorn, throw it up in the air and popcorn went EVERYWHERE! It was raining popcorn! :) My inital reaction was to get mad, because HELLO, it was a MESS, but the boys LOVED it! A moment I will never forget! :) And nothing the vacuum cleaner couldn't clean up! :)

18 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Definitely sounds like fun.

finallyMom@blogspot.com said...

awww what a great post. what fun!! :) it's these little "insignificant" things that really matter the most to them, too; like you said, it's been THREE YEARS! i can't wait to do more, spur of the moment, things like this with Lovie. :) like... i wanna have ice cream (only) for dinner one night. ;) you know- GO CRAZY! ;D

Jenny said...

That is great! Those are the best kind of moments, when you just let loose!

Kayla said...

i am pretty sure i would have killed my husband after having a good laugh for the boys!

Sandra said...

That is hilarious! Totally a moment that your kids will remember. I am just like you in my preference in cleanliness, but I have to remind myself sometimes that my kids won't remember that our house was always clean, but they will remember the times I sat and played (and yes, let them get messy!). Love the picture. So fun!

Galit Breen said...

I love the photo and the story behind it is pure perfection!

Jessica said...

Ha!! That is hilarious and such a cute picture!!

Jackie said...

LOVE it! What a great memory!

Michal Renee' said...

These are the things that make me reconsider the amount of time we want to wait to start a family. We both want to travel more first but we did break down and get a puppy at least! :)

Shell said...

What fun!

Missy said...

Sometimes the most magical of moments aren't that magical for the parents. But being able to appreciate them is a great trait!

Amanda said...

definitely fun! sometimes the mommy controller hat MUST come off!!!

Leighannn said...

awww. Kids love that stuff, and they need that kind of fun!

Shmonae said...

fun stuff!! so great!

Barbara said...

That sounds like fun! Although, I would have made sure it was my husband that vacuumed that up! ;)

Courtney B said...

This is SO sweet!! And you are so great to not get mad... I constantly have to remind myself that the silly memories are much better than ruining the moment with my anger!
And a power ranger sleep over? How FUN! I always pretended to be the pink one... of course ;)

JDaniel4's Mom said...

What fun! My son would want to eat it after stomping on it so, we will probably have to avoid popcorn stomping at my house.

Adrienne said...

Love it! Such a boy! Those magic moments that are just special memories we'll have forever are the best. Great choice! :)