Friday, September 2, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 2

*I PROMISE that I will put up pics today of Manuel's first day of Kindergarten! :) His first and second day went AMAZINGLY well!!!!! :)

Now, on to the blog challenge...

Day #2: Tell Us About Your Blog

What is the meaning behind your blog name?

The name of my blog is obviously, "And for good measure" but if you notice my website address is http://mcgx2.blogspot.com/ that's because my blog used to be called "E=MCG^2" (a spin off of Einsteins E=MC^2) which I got because my husband and my son's initial are MCG, get it? Good! :) (this blog was started before I had Mia). At the time, when I did post, I typically would end my post with "And for good measure..." and post a pic. Time went on, Mia was born, and I would think to myself that I needed to change my blog name because it didn't incorporate Mia (and I didn't want her feelings to be hurt, as if she cared! ;)) So then I thought, "Hmmmm, I end my blog posts with "And for good measure" quite often and that would be a super cute name for a blog" (at least I thought so :)) so than I changed my blog name. And there you have it! :) I never changed my web address because I am NOT technically savvy and I wasn't sure if I did change my website to http://andforgoodmeasure.blogspot.com/ if my followers would be able to find me! :) So I just left my web address alone! :)

How long have you been blogging for? What made you start blogging?
I started my blog on November 18, 2008, but in the beginning I seldom ever blogged. I'd post something once in a blue moon, but I wouldn't call myself a "blogger" at that point in time. Honestly, I started my blog for one reason...so that when I was commenting on other peoples blogs, they could link back to mine and see that I wasn't some anonymous weirdo! :) I had a child (at the time, it was only Manuel), I was married, and just a normal wife and mom :) Yes, that's how my brain works...I wouldn't want people to think I was some psycho, weirdo stalker (although I do realize that doesn't make much sense because you can pretend to be anyone you want on the computer! :) But really, I am not some weirdo, psycho stalker, PROMISE! ;))
 
What are your favorite things to blog about?
I pretty much just blog about my day to day life as a mommy and wife. I'll occasionally link up to a photo challenge or something along those lines, but for the most part it's just rambling about life! :)

What is one tip that you would give a new blogger?
Oh my, I really don't have any business giving anyone blogging advice :) but I can say, TRY not to worry about numbers, followers, who comments, who doesn't, etc. BLOG FOR YOU! (ohhh, perhaps I should take my own advice! ;))

Have a great day friends! :)

3 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I always liked the name of your blog, but was curious about the address! I love reading your blog and am very glad you're not an anonymous weirdo. :)

Michal Renee' said...

The not being a psycho stalker part really made me laugh! That's too funny! I was a bad blogger at first too..trying not to be anymore, but I do love your blog!

Diane said...

I love your blog name and honestly, I never even noticed that your web address didn't match!