Thursday, September 1, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 1

*I'll be back later today to recap Manuel's 1st day of Kindergarten (which was AWESOME! :)) but for now, I'm linking up to Katie's Journey and her 30 day blog challenge. She did this before and I absolutely loved it! I've decided to join up again. I can't promise I'll do all 30 days, but I'm sure gonna try! :)



Day 1: Introduce Yourself

Hi Everyone! My name is Christina and I love in the beautiful (albeit a tad "boring") state of Maryland. I am 30 years old. I work full time, outside of the home as a Pricing Analyst/Funder at a mortgage company. Although I'd love to be able to stay home with my children (at least part time) that's not possible right now, and I've come to terms with it! :)

Speaking of children, I have two awesome children, Manuel and Mia. Manuel was born 1/31/06. Mia was born 1/18/10 (so they are almost exactly 4 years apart). They make me smile everyday and sometimes make me scream and I can't imagine my life without them.
Manuel, my first born,with a heart of gold! 
Mia, aka "Miss Hollywood" This picture appropriately sums up my little ball of sassiness! ;)

I'm married to an incredibly amazing guy named Manny (also Manuel, but we call him Manny). Manny's life has been a struggle, to put it mildy, from his childhood straight on through to his mid-20's, but he stands here today as a 31 year old, AMAZING man of God, who is the TRUE definition of change and overcoming life's obstacles (to read more about it you can check out these story 1, story 2 and they both have link ups to more of the story, if you care to read :))
A tad more about me...I'm SUPER emotional (about EVERYTHING!-especially when it comes to my children) and although it might come across on my blog as being overly dramatic, that's not the case at all, I just have a really huge heart and take everything to heart (even if I don't know you in real life! :)) I'm Baptist and attend church regularly. For the last 2+ years I've taught Sunday school, but have decided to take this upcoming year off and hope to get involved in a small group. Have questions? Just ask! :) I love blogging and all the super amazing friends I've made through it! :)

Here I am...
Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to stick around awhile, if not, thanks for visiting and take care :)

3 comments:

Michal Renee' said...

Hi! I found you through the blog challenge and have greatly enjoyed reading about your family! You are a wonderful woman of faith to have gone through so much with your husband and through your father's death to come out stronger than ever. I know as well from personal experience that without God nothing would be possible! Can't wait to get to know you more through the challenge!

claire said...

Hey there! Stopping over from Katie's blog to say hi. Your children are so precious. Can't wait to learn more about you! :)

Katie said...

You have such a beautiful family! I cannot wait to hear about the first day of kindergarten!

Thanks for linking up again for round 2!