Thursday, April 14, 2011

The unknown....

Thank you all very much for your prayers, comments and e-mails on my last post. I haven't updated since then because A) I cry every time I write/talk about it and B) It's still up in the air. A LONG recap...my co-worker (K) and I were told by our manager (D) that he had to let one of us go, but he couldn't bring himself to do that because we are AWESOME employees (if I do say so myself! :)) so we had to be moved to part time (24 hours/week). K and I were devastated, understandably so. That basically meant that what I was used to making every two weeks is what I would now be bringing home in a MONTH! We aren't poor by any stretch of the imagination, but we certainly aren't wealthy, so this was a huge blow to our family. After my last post I was very up front and honest with D and told him that I couldn't do it. There was no way I could come to work, Monday-Friday from 8:30am-1:15pm...the gas, the tolls, the daycare, the schooling it just didn't make sense at all. He understood. I told him I would have to regretfully to put in my notice and not be able to work here anymore. I asked him to speak to our HR Manager and see when my last day was. Now keep in mind through all of this, I am HEARTBROKEN (sobbing tears!)...I do not want to leave the job I've had for 4.5 years, the friends I've made, I don't want to take Manuel out of school (which also means no summer camp), I don't want to take Mia out of daycare, etc. but those were all things that were going to happen.

Fast forward a few hours, and D comes to me and says that they REALLY dont' want me to leave! This is ideally only temporary until things pick back up, and they'd hate to see me. How would I feel about working M, T and W from home (that way the kids could stay home with me and I would work). I said yes (not really FULLY thinking it through, OBVIOUSLY!) So that's what was decided. Then D's boss (B) got wind of what was going on (he had no idea) and was SO mad that they were doing this to K and I. So, now we are at a standstill...B, D and T (another boss type person), fighting to keep us on full time because we are WAY too good of employees to let us go. Things seem promising! I'm not getting my hopes up though. And that's why I haven't written since my last post because things are still very much back up in the air. BUT at least there is hope. I've cried for days, not over the job (although that would stink) but over Linnie losing Mia. Linnie is like our family. I could not ask for an amazing person to take care of my children (remember, she took care of Manuel from 8 months-4 years old) and she was beyond words upset about losing "her baby" (that's what she refers to Mia as :))

So, now I wait. Hopefully we hear something today. The waiting game stinks, but this is all in God's plan (I have to keep reminding myself!!! :)) and whatever is God's will, is what will happen. So I wait. And now that the emotions have simmered (a bit!) Manny and I have decided that really, there is no way I could work from home with both kids. How do you have a 5 year old and one year old (who need breakfast, lunch, dinner, diapers changed (well Mia :)), ATTENTION, things to do, etc. and still manage to work a full day and do actual work (math, nonetheless)!?!?!? It's not possible. At least not for me. SOOOOO, if things don't work out, and I don't stay on full time, I think I will still have to leave my job! :( But hopefully I won't even have to worry about that. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!


Needless to say, stress has been my middle name these last few days. But God has this! I know He does! :)

And for good measure, you need pics, I just know it! ;)
Mia reading her baby a book (upside down :))


SO cute!


 HILARIOUS! Self pic :)

7 comments:

LisaAnne said...

I have been wondering about you. I would be devastated if that happened to me to. So glad they appreciate you and your value to the organization. You are right, God is in control, but it sure would be nice if He would just let us in on His plan so we could stop worrying!

Misty said...

I completely understand how frustrating it can be when you are in the "waiting room" of life.

TRUST in His PERFECT plan.

Praying for you!!!

Diane said...

You are right. God has this! It will all work out. Keep your chin up.

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

It's so hard to be in limbo. I hope things work out the best for you. I'll send a prayer your way. :)

Jackie said...

Thanks for the update - I have been thinking about you nonstop for the last few days! I just can't imagine what you (and Linnie) are going through! Stay strong! :)

Courtney B said...

LOVE the family picture!!
That is so great that your bosses are pulling for your job though! There are some companies that could care less about their employees! If you do end up having to leave your job at least you know you're loved and missed! And what a great attitude about trusting in God! You're so strong! You'll totally get through this girl!

Alexa Mae said...

It sounds promising to me. How great it is to have bosses that care about you and don't want to see you go. I bet that feels so good! Keep us updated! You have a gorgeous family!