Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pour Your Heart Out-Two years ago

Good Morning Friends! :)

Everyone knows I love a good "Pour Your Heart Out" post and since I was already planning on writing about this today, as soon as it happened this morning, AND it makes for a great Pour Your Heart Out post (or at least I think so :)) I'm going to share it and link up with Shell.

This "season" of life (April/May) will probably always remind me of Manny's road to sobriety, (Let's be honest, how can it not? That was probably one of the most life changing experiences I've ever been through)however I typically try not to think about the first time he left since clearly that wasn't successful. We celebrate his TRUE anniversary of sobriety (May 12th) but the time from April until May 12th, 2009 brings back not so many good memories for me. Life was in complete turmoil and chaos (although I held it together for Manuel). So you can understand why I wouldn't want to remember those times in detail.

But as I'm driving to work this morning, I hear Mia in the back seat talking away so I tilt my rear view mirror down to see her, and I see the most precious, sweetest, adorable, chubby little face looking back at me, and I smile and then it hits me like a ton of bricks...today is April 20th, it was two years ago today that Manny went to rehab for the first time. It was two years ago today that my life and my world as I knew it turned upside down. It was two years ago today that people told me to leave, I could do better, I could make a better life for myself and Manuel, I needed more. But you see, if two years ago today I had decided to turn around and walk away, this sweet little face that was staring back at me in the rear view mirror this morning wouldn't be here. As this thought dawned on me, my eyes welled up with tears. I will never understand why I stayed from the beginning but God knows why. Because if God hadn't stepped in, and made me follow my heart and stick by my husband there is one very special, amazing little girl that wouldn't be here today. Wow!

Thank you God! :)

20 comments:

Lindsay said...

:) This made me smile! Praying for strength at this season in your life. Anniversaries such as these can be tough! Im here for you girly!

christina said...

WOW is right!! another awesome, beautiful post!

Mrs. R said...

I admire you for knowing when to stick with him. And such blessings have come from it!

Jackie said...

This post made me tear up (maybe it's the pregnancy hormones?)! What a sweet reminder of life's blessings!

Kate said...

You are an amazing woman to stick with your husband through such a trial! Wow! God bless you!

Hutch said...

I love the uplifting examples of "everything happens for a reason." Makes me smile!

Shell said...

Love this! What a wonderful example of how things happen for a reason.

Katie said...

Wow, thank you so much for sharing! What a testimony of GOD's faithfulness to you and your husband.

Jeska said...

This gave me the chills. So happy for you and your husband to make it through that. Must be a great feeling. And what a beautiful gift you received for it.

Kimberly said...

What a great example of how things happen for a reason! Wonderful post!

Came by from PYHO and glad I did!

Courtney B said...

Amazing! You are one STRONG woman Christina! I look up to you!

Diane said...

God bless you for having that strength. I believe He always rewards a faithful heart. :)

Sara said...

Sometimes the "right" choice for us isn't the easiest. I admire the strength you had to hang in there!! Stopping by from PYHO, love your blog :-)

Steffys Pros and Cons said...

i love this post. so happy youre such a loyal person and that it has paid off for you!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Beautiful. I love your honesty. What a sweet blessing you have. :)

Sandra said...

Clearly you are brave! And you're reeping the rewards! So happy for you.

Olivia Grace said...

I am a new reader and was brought to tears by this beautiful post! I can definitely relate to your struggle and also to the positive results that come through such hardships. Thank you for your honesty!! Peace and blessings to you and your family!

Adrienne said...

Thank God you had the courage and strength to stay and support your husband. That's awesome! Look at the blessing! Congrats to your man for making those changes! Stopped by from Shell's PYHO link. :)

Heather H said...

Great story and beautiful post! I'm so glad you stayed and were able to work it out. Congrats!

Renee said...

God knows what others don't and you exemplify unconditional love!