Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Catching up....

Hello Friends! It's been a few days since I've posted a "real" post, so here it goes...

I feel like we have been in a whirlwind of sickness since last Tuesday. Manny had to pick Manuel up from school because he was running a fever. My poor child was out of school from Tuesday afternoon and he JUST went back this morning (Tuesday!) He was running crazy high fevers (103+! When he was younger that would cause him to have seizures, but he's outgrown that. Now, when he has really high fevers he hallucinates. UGH! But I will say I'd rather hear him babble about nonsense than see him seizing ANY DAY! Those are pictures I don't think I will EVER be able to erase from my memory! :( )We took him to Patient First on Tuesday evening and they said he had an ear infection. I knew it went further than that, but I'm not a doctor so I took their word for it and moved on. Then after several days of fevers I knew something else was going on. My mom took him to his ped yesterday and sure enough he was wheezing so he's on antibiotics for that, steroids, his daily inhaler, etc. Poor little guy! :( BUT he did seem better today, so much to his dismay, off to school he went (I'm sure it's easy to get spoiled by staying home for several days in a row with grandmas! :))

Mia is being Mia! Sheww, that girl is ORNERY! :) Manuels tantrums were NOTHING compared to my sweet baby girls! :) She can be SO sweet and so loving and just the absolute cutest little thing you've ever seen and then just like that she turns on you! ;) It's quite funny actually, but of course we don't let her know that! I have tons of adorable pics from this past weekend, but haven't downloaded them on the computer yet :( I hope to share them this week!

We got the official date for Manuel's preschool graduation...May 27th at 11am. Oh dear! No seriously, I'm sure some of you are reading this and thinking, "There she goes with her dramatics again about her son growing up..." But really, my heart (especially when it comes to my children) is extremely sensitive. I cry about anything and everything! I've always been this way, ever since I was little. I cried for days leading up to Manuel starting preschool and him ending his days at Linnie's (where Mia now goes). I have no doubt I will be "ugly crying" come graduation day (You know what I mean...the kind of crying where your face gets all red, your eyes get puffy, the whole nine yards! :)) And I'm sure they'll have some sort of sweet song, play or performance, and then it'll all be over for this momma! :)

And my goodness, I forgot to mention the final surprise of my wedding anniversary that hubby pulled off (We can NEVER surprise one another, EVER!). When I got home from work last Wednesday, I walked in the house and Manny was dressed in a nice shirt and pants. I stopped for a sec and thought, "Hmm, that's odd. I guess he decided to be dressed when I got home while we ate dinner." (instead of in his "comfies" like usual). He said, "Don't take your coat off. Your mom will be here shortly and she's watching the kids while we go to dinner!" I was VERY surprised and very excited. It was a week night, we both had work in the morning, so we just stayed local and went to Red Lobster, but every second of it was awesome. The food, the conversation, and just the ability to "be" without having to share my cheddar biscuits! ;)

Okay, so this was totally random, but I like to post something of significance (well, at least in my eyes ;) once a week since this is our family journal of sorts! :)

Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm glad to hear Manuel is feeling better! Poor guy :( And what a great hubby you have! Surprise dates are the best (although I've actually never had one!) :)

Misty said...

Glad to hear Manuel is on the mend. I HATE high fevers.

Holly said...

Glad your little one is feeling better!
And yay for a date AND cheddar biscuits! ;o)

Trulie Scrumptious said...

Just wanted to stop by and say I love your blog ;)