Wednesday, January 5, 2011

This, that, the other and an award! :)

Happy Wednesday! Sheww, this week is flying by (which is a good thing considering that it's my first full week of work since mid-December so its sure been a bit challenging! :) Whenever I have a long weekend or any sort of "extended" time off with my children it's always a tad harder to go back to work. I miss them. I miss spending time with them. I've actually put a new plan in place for 2011...I am not allowed to get on the computer, in the evenings, until after 8pm. By that time Mia is asleep (or ready for her last bottle) and Manuel, Manny and I have settled in for snuggle/TV time and are just relaxing. I now feel like the time between 6ish-8pm is REAL family time instead of just family time where we are in the same room together but not necessarily interacting with one another, ya know? We've been reading, playing games, doing puzzles, etc. My family ALWAYS comes before Facebook, blogging, etc. but sometimes I would "forget" that (I hope that makes sense to some of you out there, and I didn't just make myself sound like the worst mother on the planet!!!!! :))

My husband is having knee surgery on Tuesday, January 11th. When I was about 6 months prego with Mia, Manny was at work (he does ballistic testing for military, police, etc.) doing a training drill where they were trying to break down a door using a sledge hammer (basically testing the durability of the material of the door that they might use on a base for our military men and women overseas). Manny was swinging the sledge hammer, lost his footing and dislocated his knee. They video record everything they do there, so it was all caught on tape. Apparently it's something I NEVER want to see because the screams coming out of my husband were something from a horror movie (from what I hear). Ewwww! I went to the hospital after it happened, and thankfully by that time it had already been put back in place. But back to my point (yes, I do have a point :) It's a Workers Comp case so it's been a big fight about doing the surgery (not from Manny's employer but from the Workers Comp lawyers, etc.) and the surgery has FINALLY been scheduled. I have a ton of confidence in the surgeon, as he's performed several surgeries on Baltimore Ravens players, but surgery is surgery and it's scary nonetheless. They are going in there prepared to do a total ACL reconstruction, but that may not be necessary. We shall see. So if you could, please pray for my hubby and the doctors, I would appreciate it. And maybe pray for my sanity that while he is immobile I can run the house as stress free as possible (HAHAHA! ;) Manny ALWAYS does the grocery shopping! That is NOT something I'm looking forward to! :)

Mia's DMSA scan is rescheduled for the third (and HOPEFULLY final!) time. It is February 8. You know I'll be asking for prayers as it gets closer! :)

And on a totally fun note...I received an award from the super sweet, always takes the time to comment, amazing picture taking, only blogger I "know" from my area, Jeska at Living Our Love Song. Go check out her blog! She takes great pictures and has super cute nieces and nephews (you know me, I'm a sucker for adorable children! :)


TrendyBlogAward


Now, I am supposed to pass it on to 10 other bloggers. I know many bloggers don't "do" the whole award thing, but I'm going to post it anyway just to recognize some of the blogs I read and love! If you haven't checked them out, you should! :) (in no particular order)....

1) Lindsay at lee la la
2) "Shmonae" at Pink Moss
3) Unofficial Mom at Unofficial Mom :)
4) Hanna at bouffee e bambini
5) Amy at Just Another Manic Mom Day
6) Rachel at finding joy
7) Heather at Family Volley
8) I'm a REAL LIFE Mom
9) Alexa at It's A Love Story
10) Jackie at The Math3y Family

6 comments:

Jeska said...

Wow sorry to hear about your Hubby's accident, hope it all gets worked out and he recovers quickly after! And thank you for your kind words :)

Jackie said...

Wishing your husband a quick recovery!

Congrats on the award and thank you SO very much for passing it on to me! :)

Hanna said...

Awwwwww Christina your too good to me. Thank yuo so much for thinking of me and giving me an award. Yes, I'm a brat and am terrible about accepting these things properly but I am truly honored that you thought of me. Your such a lovely blogger buddy and I adore your family and your blog. And your hubby will be in my thoughts and prayers. Gosh, you have had your plate really full lately. Prayers comin' your way:)

Heather Johnson said...

I second the quick recovery for your husband.

So exciting about the award. Congratulations. Thank you for passing on the blogging love. :)

It sounds like you had a great time in NY. Sometimes it takes a vacation to rest and recover from "real life." You got to catch up on sleep. I am jealous. Once I get some of this post vacation laundry taken care of I will get pictures up of our New Years trip.

Hope all is well. Early prayers coming your way for the upcoming test for your little one.

xo
Heather

Rachel said...

Very sorry to hear about your hubby. My shoulder issues stem from a dislocated shoulder so I can only imagine the much worse pain with a knee. I'll be praying for healing and a quick and complete recovery for him.

Thank you so much for the award. You are too sweet and kind!

And by the way, blessings on your earlier wake up times. Although yours is very early!

Rachel

Rachel said...

Very sorry to hear about your hubby. My shoulder issues stem from a dislocated shoulder so I can only imagine the much worse pain with a knee. I'll be praying for healing and a quick and complete recovery for him.

Thank you so much for the award. You are too sweet and kind!

And by the way, blessings on your earlier wake up times. Although yours is very early!

Rachel