Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy 1 Year Mia Grace (the "what you're up to" edition :)/On Cloud Nine

*Post edit: You have officially said your first "real" word (yes, you've been saying "mama", "dada", "baba", "buh" (bye? :)) but today, 1/20/11 you said your first real, intentional word, "kitty cat". Funny enough, we don't have cats, but Linnie does. I THOUGHT I heard you say it this morning when I went to drop you off, but I wasn't sure. Then Linnie called me about an hour ago and told me that you are saying, and it's intentional. When you see the cats, you say, "kitty cat" and when she asked you to say kitty cat to Robert (her son), you said it! :) YAY MIA!!! :) Oh, and you also know put up your one chubby little finger when we ask you how old you are. No lie! You do! Mommy has it on video and if I knew how to upload cell phone videos to my blog, I'd post it! :) AND, I also forgot to say that you know where your belly is and I LOVE pointing it out to people! :)

Mia Grace, yesterday you turned ONE! I can't believe you have been in our family for 365 (going on 366) days! Time flies when you're having fun, that's for sure! :)  I think what I said on my Facebook status yesterday truly sums out how I feel (this might not be word for word, but it's pretty close)...Happy 1st Birthday Mia Grace! May the dreams I have for you and the prayers I pray for you not even compare to the amazing things God has planned for you! I love you SO much! We have your Winter ONEderland party on Saturday and I can't wait! It will be a picture posting extravaganza on mommies blog after Saturday! But only for a day or two because next week has to start "8 days of Manuel" (leading up to his 5th birthday). He can't be left out of the fun! :)
Okay, now down to business...

-Mommy doesn't have an exact weight on you because you don't go for your one year check-up until 1/31/11. But when I took you to the doctors about 2 weeks ago you were 21 lbs 7 oz. I'll get an exact figure next Monday, and also get your exact height.

-You have perfected your "cruising" and get wherever you want to be. You are also a climber! You climb on EVERYTHING, without fear or hesitation! I am posting a picture below of you standing on your own yesterday. You were so excited/shocked that you didn't know what to do with yourself! :) This is a HUGE deal since technically speaking you are "delayed" in your gross motor skills. You took a half a step yesterday but that's about it :) No walking YET! But I have a feeling it's not too far off! :)

-You are still in size 4 diapers.

-You are primarily in 12-18 month clothing, but now more towards the 18 month end.

-You continue to spend your days at Linnie's while Mommy and Daddy are working. You are Linnie's baby and she loves you to pieces. She misses you SO much over the weekend when you aren't there. Mommy and Daddy are SO lucky to have someone that takes such awesome care of you!

-We were supposed to have your 6 month physical therapy follow-up yesterday afternoon, but due to an ice storm, schools were closed and the Patient Coordinator works off of the school systems schedule. We've rescheduled it for next month and I'm assuming that's when we'll decide whether we stop all together or continue with once/month. My thought is that we'll keep it with once/month until you start walking.

-You are regularly sleeping through the night (KNOCK ON WOOD! :) That means you sleep from about 8pm'ish-5am'ish. I know you would sleep in later in the mornings but the second you hear mommy awake getting ready for work, you wake up! :)

-You are still saying “Mama” and “Dada” to the correct parents now! :) You say SO many words that sound like actual words, but I'm not sure :) You "talk" constantly and are literally having conversations with anyone and everyone, but we just don't understand you, YET! :)

-Mommy started last Thursday to transition you off the bottle and you did awesome drinking your nightime feeding out of a sippy cup, but then Friday you got the stomach flu so for comforts sake, I put you back on the bottle. We'll try again in a couple days when Mommy is back to "normal" (I also got the stomach flu and it really put mommy down for the count! :)

-You still eat baby food, Stage 3. I'm not sure if that's "okay" or not, we'll see how your Ped feels about it. You also eat "regular" food too and haven't disliked anything we've given you.

-The reason we still feed you baby food is because you only have TWO teeth! :) Mommy is scared to give you tons of "real" food because you can't really chew yet. But those two bottom, front teeth are the most adorable little things Mommy has ever seen! :)

-In regards to your kidney “issues”…you were SUPPOSED to have your DMSA scan on 11/23 and then again on 12/23 but we had to cancel it this last time because you got sick the morning of it (I think mommy was pushing fluids too much! :( So now it is rescheduled for 2/8/11. HOPEFULLY this time it will actually happen. But I know it's in Gods hands, so whatever He wants.

-You are HILARIOUS! Seriously! You crack mommy up with your little personality. And I love it because you know you are funny, so you act on it to get people to laugh! :)

-You love giving "Awwws" especially to your brother. But really, you'll give "awwws" to anything, even a water bottle! :)

Okay, I think that's all for now. If Mommy thinks of anything, I'll do a post edit. I love you sweet girl! I can't wait to celebrate your 1st year on Saturday! :)

Now, Mommy is going to link up one of my favorite shots of you, from yesterday, to pastor's girl's ponderings, On Cloud Nine



5 comments:

Tara said...

Aw, Happy Birthday!!! What a great post! She is too cute!

carlotta said...

Happy birthday to Mia! She's such a cutie :)

leavesnbloom said...

That's a lovely write up and a beautiful little girl too.

Rosie from leavesnbloom photography blog

Heather @ Girl Gone Mom said...

Happy day! I love that dress, I bought the same one for Emma's first birthday but then someone got her a special shirt. :)

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday Mia!!!
This was such a beautiful post! She seems like such a sweetheart! I think her and Bennett would be best friends if they met :)