Thursday, January 20, 2011

Celebration of Manuel :)

Feel free to boycott my blog for the next week or so if A) you're not a fan of children or B) you are a fan of children, but not of reading about a total strangers children! :) In order to give Manuel his fair "leading up to his birthday blog recognition" (like I did Mia), I'm going to have to overlap some things. Mia's party is this Saturday and you all will be overloaded with pictures, but for now, we are starting my "Ode to Manuel" :)

When I was driving home from work last night, thinking about this series of blog posts it dawned on me that this blog SERIOUSLY lacks my love of Manuel. I've shared his birth story. I've shared hilarious things that have come out of his mouth, but never really in depth things about the great little person he is. Don't get me wrong, I love Manuel more then life itself! Of course I show him this on a daily basis, but as far as those of you who don't know me IRL (in real life), it may appear that I live, eat, breath, and sleep MIA! :) And again, let me stress, that is NOT true! It just appears that way because a child's first year of life is ever changing, ever evolving and each day is something new, so I just happened to post about Mia most often. My love for Manuel runs so deep, he is my first born. My first born that will be FIVE on January 31st and I can hardly believe it! The first half of 2011 is a HUGE year for the Gomez family...Mia turned 1 (1/18/11), Manuel turns 5 (1/31/11), Manny and I celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary (3/30/11, eeek, I know! You do the math! ;) And yes, you're right! :)) and I turn 30 (6/2/11)! Lots of big milestones! :)

I wanted to start off by telling you all a little bit about Manuel...

-He has the sweetest soul of any child I have ever met, and I mean that. His heart is super sensitive (almost too much so, just like his momma! :) and I know he will do AMAZING things with his life one day.

-Speaking of his sweet spirit and soul, it's been like this for as long as I can remember. If have a moment, please take time to read this (the 10:18am update. This was right after my sister lost Mateo and Anthony, but before Ian passed away). He talked about the boys for the longest time after their passing even though he never met them. He still talks about my dad ALL the time, even though my dad has also passed.

-He was an early talker, and spoke 5-6 word sentences by the time he was two. It was SO adorable to listen. I have hours and hours of home video of him just talking and talking. Hearing full sentences coming out of such a little person is precious to watch and hear! :)

-He took his first steps during the Colts vs. Ravens playoff game in January 2007, a few weeks shy of his first birthday.

-His first Halloween he was Superman (the cutest, might I add :) His second Halloween he was a duck. His 3rd a Ninja Turtle and his 4th A NINJA TURTLE (by his own choosing, he was the same thing two years in a row! :)

-I took approximately 6,598 pictures of his first 5 years of life (just kidding! I totally made that figure up BUT I do have SOOOO many pictures of him!) Unfortunately, most of those pictures are actual pictures, printed at Walgreens from memory cards and NEVER downloaded to a computer :( (I know, I'm an idiot) and our scanner doesn't work so I can't share them, but I did finally figure out how to log back in to my Myspace account (which I haven't been on in years!) and realized that I do have some much younger pics (not baby, but younger) of Manuel on there that I'll be sharing over the next few days. I do have some "older" pics downloaded on my work computer (where I'm at as I type this) which I will share today.

-He is an AMAZING big brother and really is quite patient with Mia! :)

-He started "school" in January 4, 2010 (it's a daycare center, but they have a licensed, stated certified Kindergarten Preparation curriculum).

-We had his parent/teacher conference last night and his teachers spoke so highly of him. He is coming along wonderfully. Although he has your typical almost 5 "antics" ;) all in all he's doing fabulous!

I know those are VERY random bits of information, but considering I didn't start actively blogging until he was almost 4, those are things you probably never knew! :)

And for good measure...



My sweet little big boy, I love you SO much! :)

1 comment:

AmyLee said...

oh my goodness! i love his curls. and too bad about your walgreen's prints... maybe you could find somewhere that would scan them all to a disk for you? i bet somewhere like costco's photo center would offer something like that.