Monday, January 10, 2011

8 days of Mia

Good Morning and Happy (?) Monday! :) I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

I had planned on starting this blog "series" on Saturday and I was going to call it the "10 days of Mia" (has a much nicer ring with the "10" instead of "8", no? ;) But I seldom ever blog on the weekends (although I do catch up on my favs) so I figured I'd just start it today, so "8 days of Mia" it is. What is "it" you ask????? Or wait, you probably didn't but I'm telling you anyway We are 8 days away from my sweet baby girl turning the big 0-1, so from today until January 18th I will posting pics that I've never shared before (or at least I don't believe I have) from Mia's first few weeks of life. So here it goes...

This was January 18th, 2010 around 6:30am. We had just arrived at my moms house to drop Manuel off (she was watching him while Manny and I went to the hospital). I was a scheduled c-section so thankfully we had time to prepare everything in advance. It's so crazy to look at this picture and think that my 7 lbs 3.4 oz baby girl was snuggled in that belly. If I think about too much, I'll cry. I was singing to her last night (a song I made up months ago, where I pretty much just say, "Mia Grace, Mia Grace, oh you are my Gracey Face" in a singy songy, lullabye tone over and over again. I know, Grammy Award winning ;) but I started to cry. I hate being so dramatic, but for some reason this whole turning one thing is REALLY getting to me. I don't know why. It didn't happen when Manuel turned one. The only thing I can say is that it's so hard on me this time around because MAYBE she's our last child. Who knows? But I do know that next Tuesday, January 18th I will be spending my sweet girls 1st birthday with her. Yes, I took off work. I did the same thing for Manuel's 1st, 2nd and 3rd birthday (for his 4th birthday he had started school, so I didn't want to keep him home) and I'll do the same thing for Mia.

Stay tuned for tomorrows post when Mia is no longer snuggled in my belly, but has made her grand entrance in to the world! :)

Two reminder:
1) Don't forget to enter my CSN giveaway below! The giveaway ends on January 17th at 11:59pm.
2) More importantly...tomorrow is my hubby's knee surgery (possible ACL reconstruction, they'll know once they get in there). Please pray that everything goes well. My husband can NOT stand sitting still, he has to constantly be going, going, going. So pray that he has peace of mind and can just "be" while recovering.

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

I LOVE that you are doing this! What a great memory!

Mandy said...

Ooooh she's turning ONE soon!! Bennett is turning 1 on the 26th and I'm just about losing my mind at how quickly the time is going by!! I can't believe it.
Oh, and you're such a cute preggo lady! :)

Jackie said...

You looked great pregnant! :) ONE is such a big milestone...it was hard for me, too!

Shmonae said...

Wow....there are only a few people that can look that fabulous right before giving birth!! I am proud to say that you are one of them :)

Heather Johnson said...

Good luck with your husbands surgery tomorrow. Everything will turn out well. Prayers go out to your family tonight.

Hanna said...

I love this idea your doing! You looked so cute pregnant, so petit, not like me, I'm HUGE!!
I also wanted to say that you and your hubby will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow and all week. He's going to do great. Not sure of you know but I'm an intensive care surgical nurse so I have LOTS of experience with surgery!

AmyLee said...

you are way too cute! i love seeing bumps :)