Wednesday, January 12, 2011

8 days of Mia (Part 3)

Good Morning! :)

First things first...thank you all SO much for your prayers and kind words yesterday about Manny's surgery! Everything went well and pretty much the best case scenario occurred. He did NOT need a complete ACL reconstruction and in fact his ACL looked great! Dr. Cohen was able to do everything arthroscopically (sp?) and in layman's term just had to "shave" his knee cap that was cracked. He still has physical therapy ahead of him, but it all turned out SO much better then it could have. Thank you God!

Random, but I have to share...at the age of 29 (and a half! ;) I got my first ever black eye this morning! :) I was setting Mia down on the floor so I could go outside to clean off my car (we received a few inches of snow last night) and as I was leaning down, Manuel was standing up and his head collided with my right eye. I immediately started crying, that's how bad it hurt! I didn't think it was THAT noticeable until I walked in to work this morning and my Director of Operations said, "Christina, what in the world happened to you!?!?!?" UGH! I guess it's more noticeable then I thought! :) I'm icing it and hopefully it won't get any worst then it is right now! :)

Now on to my "Mia celebration" ;)

The day Mia was born was wonderful! I think I was more nervous this time around because I knew I was having a c-section and I knew what was going to happen afterwards. (Recovering from a c-section those first few days is down right painful! ESPECIALLY when you don't like taking narcotic pain medicine so you avoid it at all costs! Finally, after basically making me take it, I realized it really was helping and I needed it!) After the first few days it's not so bad, but shewwww, that first time you go to stand up, 24 hours post-op, ekkkkkkkk, its painful! But anywho, back to Mia, it was a wonderful day! :) As soon as I heard her cry, and knew she "checked out" healthy I was SO relieved. Not that there was any concern that something would be wrong, but you just never know. Once they wheeled me to recovery I got to hold her for the first time (as I waited for the feeling to come back in my toes because they won't move you from recovery to your room until you can wiggle your toes :) And let me just tell you, that sitting there waiting to be able to move your toes is like torture! :) I don't know how many times I thought to myself, "Why is this taking so long? I don't remember it taking this long with Manuel (He was an emergency c-section)!?!?!? Am I paralyzed?" etc. I really can not believe that in 6 days (January 18th) my sweet girl will be one.

And for good measure...
My first time holding her in recovery 
 The "Big Brother" and his cheesiest smile EVER! ;)
 Holding Mia for the first time
My first pic as a mother of TWO!!! :)

4 comments:

Hanna said...

I'm so glad that your husbands surgery went well! I'm so sorry about your black eye. How horrible. I love your pics of sweet Mia right after she was born. I'm so nervous!! Ginger will be here anyday now.

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

beautiful :)

AmyLee said...

so glad to hear everything went well & i love big brother's cheesy smile ;)

Kristy said...

How cute! Isn't it crazy how fast the first year goes by??

Also,I recieved the stylish blogger award and I am now passing it on to you! You can check out my blog to pick it up.