Thursday, October 14, 2010

30 Day Blogger Challenge

Clearly I can't come up with anything creative on my own, hence the reason why I EVERY post is a link up of some sort (or just pictures of my children! :), so perhaps blogging isn't for me :) BUT I can't stop :)

With that being said, I came across a fun link up from Katie (through a catch up post from Taylor . It's similar to my "30 Days of Truth" but different! :)

So here goes Days 1-4 (this is going to be a long post, but once I get caught up, I'm assuming it will be daily :) 

Day 1: Introduce, recent picture and 15 interesting facts

Hi! :) My name is Christina. I am 29 years old (I'll be 30 in June). I am a wife to Manny and mommy to Manuel and Mia. They are my world. Honestly, I spend almost all of my time (when I'm not in the office being a Pricing Analyst) with them. I have a group of friends that I've known since high school, that I get together with every once in awhile, but that gets harder and harder as we get married, have children and life gets SO busy! We attend church regularly and I teach Sunday school (after service) every Sunday to 2-3 year olds! :) I'm not perfect, far from it, but I try to be the best person I can be.

Me (in the middle)

15 Facts (I won't dare say "interesting" facts :) 
1) I have an older sister named Amy. She and I are only 19 months apart.

2) I am Sicilian (my mom was born in Sicily) but I get mistaken for Greek ALL THE TIME (not that there is ANYTHING wrong with that! :)

3) If my husband and I have a 3rd child I feel his/her name MUST begin with an "M" because Mia and Manuel's do, and I don't want he/she to feel left out. Although I could go with a "C" so I'M not the one left out :)

3) I HATE TAGS! Not necessarily tags that hang from clothes with the price but those stickery tags that say, "Inspected by #19" (or whatever! :), stickers or fruit, etc. I don't know why, but they give me the heeby geebies! :)

4) I put exclamation and smiley faces on everything I write/type. I don't know why, but I do.

5) I try SO hard not to cuss so when I want to cuss I say the word "Punch!!!" It's something I started doing a few weeks ago, and now the girls at the office do it too! :)

6) I have a friend, Veronica, who I've known for 21 years! Our sons are a year apart and although we are no where near as close as we used to be, I know she'll always be in my life. 

7) I used to be SOOOO scared of dying. My fear has lessened since attending church. 

8) My dad was an alcoholic/drug addict. One of my best friends in high school was a heroin addict. So I guess that's why I wanted to be a drug counselor/social worker.

9) My dream vacation is to go on an African safari

10) On November 1st, 2010 I will be celebrating my 4 year annivesary at my job.

11) On March 30, 2011 my husband and I will be celebrating 5 years of marriage (which, after all we've been through, is a HUGE milestone for us! :)

12) No one that I know "IRL" knows that I have this blog (or at least not that I know of :) 

13) I am VERY specific about the lunch meat I eat! :) It certainly can NOT be pre-packaged, it must not be slimey or "weird" AT ALL, and it has to be sliced EXTRA EXTRA thin! :)

14) I am EXTREMELY claustrophobic! To the point that I can't sit in the back seat of a two seater car!  
15) My worst fear is losing my children or my husband

 Day 2: Meaning behind your blog name-at first my blog name was E=MC^2 (MC squared was for my husband and son because both of their initials are MC). Then Mia came along and I contemplated changing the name because she is an "M" but her middle name is Grace. Then one day it dawned on me, that at the end of a few posts I would write "And for good measure" and post a pic, so I thought, "That's it! That'll be my new blog name!" :)

Day 3: Your first love-my first TRUE love is Manny. He's actually the only person I've ever really loved (Now that I know what love is! :)

Day 4: Your parents-my mom is AMAZING and raised my sister and I on her own from the time I was 14. My dad just up and left one day (because he couldn't get sober). I love my mom with all my heart and soul. Here is a recent pic of her and Mia :)

My dad was a wonderful man, but his spirit and body were "killed" by addiction (figuratively at first and then sadly, literally). I have nothing but wonderful memories of him from my childhood. It wasn't until I got a little older that I knew the reality of what was wrong with him. A pic of my dad and I from when I was little...

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh you are a great blogger! :) Love all your posts!

Katie K. said...

so glad that you decided to join in the fun!