Friday, October 15, 2010

30 Day Blogger Challenge: Day 5

Siblings:

Ironicially enough today would be the day about siblings (since today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Rememberance Day)...I only have one sibling, and that's my sister, Amy. Amy just turned 31 last Friday. She is married and the mother of 5...4 sons and a daughter on the way (due December 29th). Although Amy has 4 boys, only one of them is here on Earth. That is her 13 month old Spencer. She has triplet sons, Mateo, Ian and Anthony (after whom Mia is named), that live among the angels in Heaven. They were born May 6, 2008 and passed shortly thereafter. Amy fought for two weeks to keep them in, but after days of meds God had other plans and the boys were born at 23 1/2 weeks. Their short lives changed our family FOREVER!

Amy is a mommy, wife, Special Ed teacher, and all around amazing person! She and I were VERY close when we were little (I had to sleep in the same bed as her until an embarrassing age! :) Then in our teenage years we grew apart and fought CONSTANTLY! :) Now, we are close again as mommies and wives!

Please say a prayer for her today as the thoughts of her boys flood her mind (I'm sure they do every day, but today especially!!!)

Here is a pic of her and Mia...

Here is a pic of her, my mom and I when we were little :) I'm the one rockin' the Mary Lou Retton sweat suit on Christmas...CLASSIC! ;) And Amy is the one sitting prim and proper (typical Amy! :)

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

wow - your sister sounds like an amazing woman and role model. i will be praying and thinking of your whole family today.

Kit said...

She does sound amazingly strong. I will be praying for all of you!

Lindsay said...

How awsome that you are all so close :)

Jackie and Jared said...

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your nephews. They (along with the rest of your family) will be in my thoughts today.

Have a nice weekend :)

SayRah said...

So sorry to hear about your sisters' loss. And I love the photo of your sister, your mom and yourself! lol classic!
Oh! And hello! I am Sarah of ButterflyChic and came across your blog through Katie's Journey 30-day blog challenge! I'm a little behind, but I'm jumping in where I can! :)
I'm also a new follower :)