Thursday, October 28, 2010

30 Day Blogger Challenge: Day 18

Before I do my challenge for the day, I have to write down a "milestone" for my sweet Mia Pia...we were having her physical therapy this morning and she was sitting on a shoe box (yes, a shoe box. It's all part of her PT! :) and she went from sitting on the box to pulling herself to a standing position using the couch, and holding on to the couch to continue standing. Yes, Mia is 9 months and one week old BUT this is huge for her. She army crawls like there is no tomorrow and gets wherever she needs to go, but as I've mentioned before she is "delayed" (physically) due to some low muscle tone issues. PT is helping her SOOO much! Cindy, her physical therapist was SO proud and of course so was I. I started crying! She'll be up to speed with her peers in no time! :)

Okay, on to the challenge...

Day 18: Something You Regret

I'm not one of those people who can say, "I regret nothing in life because I am who I am today because of ...." Although that's great if you can say that, I can not!

I regret not finishing college. I went, I cared too much about partying and after several semesters I walked away, with nothing. It makes me sad! I was going for my Mental Health and Human Services degree. I know I would have made an awesome social worker. Maybe one day! :)

I also regret the extent of hard partying I did back in my early 20's. I really do sit back at times and say, "If I hadn't done ........... (fill in various drug) so much, I wonder how much different of a person I would be." Some of the drugs I did were "heavy duty" and done often enough that there is no way my mind and body got out of it unharmed. I'm sure there was permanent damage done to my brain and my organs from the things I did. I regret it. I wish I could take it back, but obviously I can't. I'm a COMPLETELY different person nowadays, and I guess that's what really matters.

Sorry to get deep two days in a row! :)

Go visit Katie's page and link up! :)

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Yay Mia! That's a big milestone!

It's hard not to have regrets, but the past has shaped you into who you are today...and I can tell that you are the sweetest person and greatest Mommy ever! :)

Have a great weekend!

SayRah said...

LoL I'm right there with you with the 'hard partying'. So glad those days are long gone!
And yay for Mia! She's gonna earn my nickname soon, which is Scooter! hahah.
And Guess What! I have an award for you at my blog, please come visit me and pick it up! :)
((hugs))