Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday

Taylor, over at The Undomestic Momma does a weekly link up called "Top 2 Tuesday." This weeks Top 2 is your favorite songs. I had to participate...



1) Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts-GREAT song! Love it! Had my husband and I had a "real" wedding (we got married in a court house, one day on a whim :) this would have been "our song". And we actually still call it "our song" because each word speaks so true to our relationship. Look up the lyrics, they are great.

2) Bring the Rain by MercyMe-for those of you that don't listen to Christian music, MercyMe is a Christian group. I NEVER in a million trillion years EVER thought I'd be one of those people that listen to Christian music. NEVER! (in case I haven't made that clear! ;) But to be honest, it all sounds like the standard "pop music" that you listen to every day, they just use different words that tend to lean more towards religion and God. Don't knock it until you try it folks, trust me! :) But back to the song....it's very inspirational and I LOVE it! Look up the lyrics to this song too. (I'd post them, but this post would be way too long, and let's be honest, you probably wouldn't read it! :)

My hubby and I are going to see MercyMe in concert this Saturday night. I am SUPER excited! It's the first Christian concert either of us have ever been to. I have to laugh when I think about my husband there. If you know my husband (which no one who reads this does, because no one I know in real life knows that I blog (but that's for another post :) my husband is VERY much the reformed bad boy-to the fullest extent, prison and all-don't judge! People change! :) It's just funny to think how far he's come in the last few years and how he is now one of "those people" listening to Christian music and going to Christian concerts. Too funny! :)

Enjoy your day!

5 comments:

AndreaLeigh said...

My husband is military and I used to blast this song on repeat when he was deployed. I haven't listened to it since b/c it reminds me of him being gone. It's such a great song though!

Ashley said...

Love Bless the Broken Road! Beautiful song!

Stopping by from Top 2 Tuesday!

Lindsay said...

You had me at Rascal Flats. YES PLEASE

Hanna said...

Hi there! I am your newest follower form the blog hop!! Lovely blog:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

Hi! I'm your newest follower from Top 2!

Kristin :)
Keenly Kristin