Monday, September 27, 2010

30 days of Truth

I guess I sort of stink at this "30 Days of Truth" thingy because A) it's been a LONG time since I posted about it and B) I'm skipping 13, 14 and 15. Why you ask? (or perhaps you didn't, but I'm going to tell you anyway ;) 13, 14, and 15 were questions where you would name someone (band, singer, etc.) and write letters to them in regards to certain topics. I blog while I'm working and really don't have time to sit down and write letters to anyone, especially to people/things that would NEVER read them. But on to the next chunk of questions...

Day 16: Someone or something you definitely could live without-I could live without meatloaf! I HATE meatloaf and that's the first thing that popped in to my head when I read that question! :) BARF! BARF! BARF! :)

Day 17: A book you’ve read that changed your views on something-"Notes Left Behind" by Brooke and Keith Desserich. It is a journal of their sweet young daughters battle with an inoperable brain tumor (DIPG). You can't possibly read it and NOT be changed!

Day 18: Your views on gay marriage-to each his/her own, but clearly it's not for me! :)

Day 19: What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics? I am a Christian. I attend a Baptist church, every Sunday. I teach Sunday school to 2 and 3 year olds. We are not the "old fashioned Baptist" as you might envision when you hear Baptist (no offense to anyone that is! :) I just know that personally, growing up Catholic, when I heard Baptist I thought negative things. Now I know that to be judgemental and not correct. My children will be brought up going to church. I hope that raising them with God as the center of their lives will make them good people that make the right decisions (but I also know that you can only instill so much in your children, and eventually they have to make their own decisions and choices). That is what religion is in MY life, and I hope that God plays a part in yours, but I do not judge. As far as politics go, I know VERY little about politics, so I don't talk about them :) (call me an idiot if you'd like :)

Day 20: Your views on drugs and alcohol-I see nothing wrong with alcohol if you don't abuse it. I drink on occasion and enjoy beer and some liquor :) As far as drugs go, I've done my fair share of experimenting for a huge chunk of early 20's (not proud, but the truth). Short of having never touched heroin, I've tried LOTS of other things, some of those things went beyond "trying" and were done on a consistent basis. I can say that drugs ruin lives. I used to laugh when I heard that "marijuana is a gateway drug" but looking back, I can say that it is. For those people that have only smoked weed and never touched another good. Good for you, and I mean that! Had I never tried it, I would have never thought to try the other drugs I did. And I'll say it again, drugs ruin lives!!!! Whether it be street drug abuse or prescription drug abuse, lives can ruined. They almost ruined my marriage (the latter. And no, not because of me) I really could go on and on about drugs as they are a passion of mine (Or should I say the fight against them) but I'll stop there!

Day 21: (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do? UM, duh...go to the hospital and visit them!!!!

Day 22: Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life-see "Day 20". My partying days were fun, don't get me wrong, but I always wonder how much different my life would be had partying not been such a priority in my life from 18-24 years old. I wonder what would have happened had I been involved in church, had a strong belief in God (like I do now), etc. back then, how much different things would be!

Day 23: Something you wish you had done in your life-finished college. I went to a local community college for a few years (hahaha) to get my AA in Mental Health and Human Services, and NEVER finished. I wish I had finished college and transferred to do even more then an AA.

Day 24: Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs-too much thinking right now. I'm going to skip this one. I stink, I know! :)

Day 25: The reason you believe you’re still alive today-no doubt that I am alive today because of my son, Manuel. When I found out I was pregnant with Manuel I was in a hard core partying stage, living a really bad life. The SECOND I found out I was pregnant EVERYTHING stopped! Honestly, had I not gotten pregnant, I don't know that I'd be here today.

Day 26: Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why? No. There is NOTHING in this world worth ending your life over. Although things can seem VERY overwhelming at times, and sometimes it might seem like the bad just keeps coming, but eventually there is light!

Day 27: What’s the best thing going for you right now? Of course my children, hubby and family are awesome and wonderful, the best "thing" I have going for me now is my faith in God. Not to get all preachy on anyone, but FOR ME, if I didn't have God and belief that if He brings you to it, He'll bring you through it there is a lot that I couldn't overcome. But thankfully I believe in God, and know that even on my worst day, things will get better! :) Okay, enough "deepness" (yes, that's a word! ;) for one day! :)

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I love that you did this. HOW awsome!