Friday, August 13, 2010

How to party like a rockstar on Friday nights!

In my "former life" (aka pre-wifehood and motherhood :) I was quite the party gal. Not necessarily something I'm proud, but I was young and dumb and having fun (or what I thought was fun! :) I would NEVER be caught dead spending a Friday night at home (GASP! That would have never crossed my mind!) Fast forward 4 1/2 years and life has totally changed. I can't even remember the last time I WASN'T at home on a Friday night, hanging out with hubs and kiddos. Trust me, I wouldn't have it any other way. Tonight I really rocked out because hubs and M#1 (aka Manuel) went to a minor league baseball game with our church. I opted out because it's August and I really don't think we've seen temps below 90 degrees for weeks here on the good ol' East Coast (at least in my state! :) and since I didn't know what the weather would be like when we had to buy the tickets, I didn't want to risk it being 106 degrees out and having to take M#2 (Mia) out in the sweltering heat. (Let's be honest, I didn't want to take myself out if it was 106 degrees! :) I don't really "do" heat and humidity very well! :) So M#1 and hubs are at the game, having the time of their lives (at 4 1/2 you don't get minor league, major league, etc. You just know that youare at a baseball game, there is tons of fun stuff going, and life is good!) Here are two phone pics my hubs sent...



I'm so glad they are having a blast! Manuel got to meet a baseball legend (Cal Ripken Jr.) and of course, my child would make THAT face in his pic. Gotta love little boys and their carefree attitudes! :)

While Mia and I enjoyed girl time which consisted of carry out (well, she just watched me eat carry out :), snuggle time, and DVR amazingness :) (I don't know about you other mothers out there, but it's seldom ever my turn to watch what I want so I took full advantage with hubs and M#1 out! :) Teen Mom, Boston Med (most awesome medical reality show EVER!), and Big Brother. I was going to throw Wife Swap in there, but HELLO, I can't have too much fun in one night! So now my little lady is sleeping, and I am up WAY past my typical bedtime (typically 9:30pm M-Thursday! Cut me some slack, I wake up at 5:30am for work) so it's time to call it a night :)

Rockstars need sleep too, right? ;)

No comments: