Friday, July 9, 2010

Show Us Your Life: Favorite Bible Verse

I'm participating in Show Us Your Life This week over at http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/. I'll be the first to admit that my relationship with God is at it's very beginning. I have been attending church regularly for almost 3 years now, however, at first it was just that...attending. I never really got in to the message or the preaching. Sad to say, I was probably just mostly there for show. Now when I'm there, I'm TRULY worshipping, TRULY hearing the message, serving God in ways that I can, etc. It's a great feeling! :)

My favorite Bible verse is Ephesians 2: 8-10

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

This verse is very meaningful to me for several reasons. I came across it back in May when I was celebrating something VERY important in my husbands life, and I was looking for a verse to put on a banner I made for him. This verse so wonderfully describes the milestone we were celebrating in my husbands life, because if it wasn't for God, I know my husband would not be here today!

Hop on over to Kelly's page and read about other bloggers favorite Bible verses. Enjoy! :)

1 comment: