Sunday, July 18, 2010

Mia is 6 months old...


I wish I had started doing this sooner (like a lot of blogging mommies do) but heck, better late then never! :)

**EDIT-Mia had her 6 month check up yesterday (7/26/10). She is 15 lbs 5 oz, just shy of 26 inches and her head is 17 (inches? I think :) Her head is in the 90th percentile, per her ped, for all of her smarts! :) **

Mia today, July 18th, you turn 6 months old. I can't believe that exactly 6 months ago you came in to our lives. It seems like an eternity ago, yet at the same time it seems like yesterday! I remember the day very cleary because you were a scheduled c-section. I think mommy was more apprehensive with you because I knew what a c-section entailed, I wasn't so nieve about potential complications like I had been 4 years before with your brother. But once I was laying on the surgery table all of those fears went out the window and I was just SOOO excited to meet you. When I heard you cry for the first time, I cried! I love you SO much Mia Grace. You and mommy are best friends and although I know that won't always be the case (say between the ages of 13-17! :) you will always be my baby! :)

Okay, so what are you up to:


-You weigh about 15 lbs. We'll get an exact weight when you go for your 6 month check-up on the 26th, and we'll get an exact length. You seem big to me but you are know where near as big as Manuel was at this age. And you are in the 25th percentile.


-You LOVE playing with your toys. You have a few special rattles that you like A LOT and you love holding them, shaking them like a crazy woman :) and trying to eat them! :)


-You wear size 3 diapers, but they are very big on you! We had to move up a size because the size 2's were getting too tight!


-You wear mostly 3-6 month clothes. Some of the things you wear are 6-9 months, but they are big on you.


-You love spending your days, Monday-Friday, at Linnie's house while Mommy and Daddy work. You love watching Claudia, Jacey, and Sophie play and run around. You'll be up, crawling around with them in no time! :)


-You are SOOO nosey! Just like your mommy! :) You are constantly looking around at your surroundings and taking EVERYTHING in.


-We had to have your evaluated by a PT and OT for some concerns mommy had with the muscle tone in your arms. You were "diagnosed" with low muscle tone in your arms and shoulders. We will be starting PT (physical therapy) soon to get that fixed. They are very hopeful that after a few sessions you'll be good to go! They were amazed at how socially advanced you are! :)


-You can sit up for a few seconds at a time on your own. I think the PT will definitely help with this. They are also thinking that the PT will help you be more prepared when it's time to crawl.


-You are very particular about how you have to be put to sleep. We are trying to break you of that habit because at one point in time, not that long ago, we could put you in the crib and you'd put yourself to sleep. NOT anymore! :)


-As far as naps go...once you get to sleep, you sleep for 2+ hours, usually. As far as over night sleeping...you go to bed around 8pm (for the night) and then wake up once (sometimes not at all) in the middle of the night, and then up around 5-6am to eat. That is around the time mommy has to get up for work, so I don't mind :)

-You LOVE talking! You are constantly cooing and oooing and ahhing. No "words" yet (mama, baba, dada) but I know it's coming soon.


-You have tons of nicknames that Mommy, Daddy and Manuel call you but the most popluar ones are "Meetzy Peetzy" (by Mommy-not sure where I came up with that one)! :) "Cutie meatball" (by Manuel. He's SOO funny!) "Smiley Cyrus" or "Smiles Davis" (by Daddy because you LOVE to smile!)


We love you with all of our hearts and souls Mia Grace. You just woke up from your nap so Mommy has to go get you, but I think I covered most of the bases :)


No comments: