Friday, May 7, 2010

Where did you get THAT name? :-)

*EDIT: I figured out how to "linky" :) Wow, that was easy!*

I absolutely LOVE "Kelly's Korner"! It's a blog I follow on a regular basis and she just seems like the sweetest southern girl EVER! :) She does a series every week called "Show Us Your Life" where she chooses topics and then writes about them. I don't know how to do all that fun, technically savy, "linky" stuff, so I normally don't participate, but this weeks topic just got me and I had to share..."Your Kids Name(s)" I still don't know how to link it up to her blog, but I still want to write about it :)

So here is the story behind Manuel Christopher and Mia Grace...

The story behind Manuel's name is pretty simple...before we knew he would be a he it was just known that he would be Manuel. He is named after his daddy, his grandfather, great-grandfather, and great-great grandfather. All of their first names are Manuel, but they each have different middle names so technically he is not a "5th." My husband told me since I had no say ;) in his first name that I could pick the middle name so I chose Christopher after moi! :) My name was going to be Christopher if I was a boy, so I just stuck with Christopher.

Now Mia's name definitley has a story behind it...when I was pregnant with Manuel, before I knew he was a he, I chose my girls name and that was Isabella Grace. We would call her Bella, which means beautiful in Italian (I am Italian and my mom and all her family before her were born in Italy, well Sicily technically.) So I just fell in love with the name Isabella Grace. When we found out that we were having a boy, we put Isabella Grace in our memory banks and moved on :) On May 6th 2008 my sister gave birth to triplets, Mateo, Ian and Anthony all who went to be with the Lord. From that day forward I decided that if I had a little girl I would take the first letter of each of their names, "M" "I" and "A" and name her Mia, and just stick with Grace as the middle name because I think Grace is a BEAUTIFUL middle name. At the end of August 2009 we found out that #2 was going to be a little girl and so it became official...Mia Grace! :)

To all the mommies out there...Happy Mothers Day!! Whether your babies are grown, still babies, or living with the Lord, or perhaps haven't been born yet, know that you are special! :)

Love and prayers,
Christina

3 comments:

Kari said...

I absolutely LOVE the story of how you came to name Mia, Mia! So sweet and special to your sister, I am sure! I love that name, too!

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

how funny... my middle name is Christina...i have a little girl named Nia Grace

Deanna said...

I love the name Mia...and that's such a special story of how you came up with her name! I wanted to name one of my twins Mia, but we couldn't make it work with the other names we were using. (Stopped by from Kelly's Korner, by the way!)