Friday, March 19, 2010

Welcome Spring!







It's been a long time since I've blogged but I was feeling inspired this morning so I thought, "Why not?" :) Life has been crazy since my last post, as you can imagine with our household going from 3 to 4. That might not seem major to some people but going from 1 child to 2 is a HUGE adjustment, albeit a wonderful adjustment, nonetheless a change! :) The Gomez household is finally settling in and being a mommy of two BEAUTIFUL children is such a blessing. God certainly knows what he is doing when He puts these precious little beings in our lives! No matter how bad of a day I'm having or how TIRED I am, one smile, one coo, one "I love you mommy. Let's snuggle!" makes all of the craziness of the day immediately disappear. Manuel is settling into the role of big brother very well. He calls Mia "my little girl" and it's adorable. I can honestly say it hasn't always been so pleasant. Now don't get me wrong, he has ALWAYS been amazing with Mia since they day he met her, but his 4 year old little mind was old enough to manipulate Manny and I! :) He always wanted to help, hold, feed and play with her, but if goodness forbid we weren't 100% focused on him at any given time he'd let us know. He would throw tantrums, say "You don't love me anymore", "You're going to trade me in now that Mia is here" and the list goes on and on. All normal things to happen as a child is adjusting to a baby in the house but when you are running on no sleep those things can REALLY get to you. At one point I looked at my husband and said, "Oh my goodness what have we done?" Not in a bad way, but I felt like we had "neglected" Manuel for this new little baby. Needless to say all the craziness of the first few weeks has subsided and life is great! Mia is 8 weeks old (she'll be 9 weeks on Monday) and I'm back to work! :( I loved coming back and seeing all my wonderful co-workers, but leaving her was AWFUL! The days leading up to my return to work were heartbreaking to put it lightly and I just had an awful time with it! But when I dropped her off at Linnie's on Monday morning (a daycare lady that is more like a second mom and just wonderful! She took care of Manuel from the time he was 8 months old until he started school this past January) I pulled out of her driveway and didn't shed a tear! I was SO proud of myself (although I had shed enough tears the days prior to make up for it! :) But still, I didn't cry! My first week back to work is almost over (come on 4:30! :) and I can honestly say that although I'd love to be a stay-at-home mom financially we can't do it right now, so I'll settle for my children getting the best care I could ask for! :)

Hopefully it won't be two months before I post another blog! :)

No comments: