Saturday, May 16, 2009

My daddy





























As if May couldn't be any more horrible of a month (this is the month my triplet nephews passed, the month that my sisters (the triplets mommy) best friend passed and the month that my brother-in-laws (the triplets daddy) mom passed) my dad passed away last night. Unexpectedly, yet expectedly at the same time, if that makes any sense. He has struggled for years and years with addiction. It wasn't until recent years that he finally seemed to be on the up and up. My son Manuel got to know and love his PopPop (and his delicious meatballs! :) and things seemed to be going well. I got a phone call last night from my Aunt (my dads sister) saying that he had a massive heart attack, was rushed to the hospital and they weren't able to revive him. I'm only 27 years old, this shouldn't have happened!!!!!! :( We were supposed to be celebrating his 60th birthday in August, here at my house with a crab feast, he was supposed to get to be able to go with Manuel and my husband on their first "real" fishing trip within the next few years, and now that's not going to happen! :( I'm in shock, and I'm SOOOO sad, but my dad faced many "demons" over his lifetime and do know that he is FINALLY at peace in Heaven. And he is finally getting to meet his triplet grandsons. This is SOOOO hard!!! I know my familiy will help me through this, but it's SOOO hard. Daddy, I love you!














3 comments:

Robin said...

I am so sorry to hear this! What a terrible month May has turned out to be for you and your family. Please know that I am praying for you all. Brighter days will be here again.

Hope you are doing ok.

Robin

Beth said...

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss...so much to have to handle in such a short time. You will be in my prayers. I found your blog from Kelly's Korner today. Take care *hugs*

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

So sorry for your loss. You have a beautiful blog.... I am still finding my way around blogland....
I always love making new friends..I am posting about Disney so hope you will stop by.