Monday, December 29, 2008

The Gomez Family Christmas 2008


Manny opening his gift card (or e-card should I say :)




My dad, Manuel and Manny
(<---Manny and my dad
Below...Manuel at my mom's house playing pool)







Manuel diving in to his gifts!






Walking down the stairs X-mas morning and spotting his tool bench! :)







The scene I woke up to Christmas morning-apparently at some point Manuel weasled his way in to our bed, and here's what they looked like in the AM. SO CUTE! And yes, that is my glo-worm from when I was little, now Manuel sleeps with it. It's about 20 years old! :)








Hubby & I at Buscia's house on Christmas Eve









Our cute little tree :)



**PICS OUT OF ORDER BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PUT THEM IN ORDER! :) I tried uploading them in order and that didn't work, oh well, at least I figured out how to post pics! :)**






We had such a wonderful holiday, my family and I. It was filled with laughs, tears (happy ones, of course), joy, hope, and lots of gifts. I had to work on Christmas Eve, UGH, but I got off at 2pm, only to rush home, get myself ready (thankfully, hubby had gotten himself and Manuel ready! :) and head to Buscia's house (My husbands grandmother). It's a tradition, we go there every year, and have lots of food and fun! Then off to my mom's house around 7pm (also a tradition) for more food and fun! We knew that we had the job of "being" Santa when we got home (We had a My First Craftsman tool bench to put together) so we left my moms around 10ish and headed home. Thankfully the good little boy was fast asleep, so getting up to bed was a simple and quick process. Then it was time for us to get down to business. I had everything already wrapped, so all we needed to do was get it under the tree and get the tool bench put together (well, should I say my husband had to put it together! :) We were asleep by midnight! I woke up at 7am to my boys sleeping soundly, but I was just too excited! I got the video camera all set up downstairs to capture Manuel's reaction to the tool bench and then I woke them up (who's the child and who's the adult, I know! :) We sat in our bed and sang HappY Birthday to Jesus, and then proceeded downstairs. Our morning was great...lots of wonderful pictures, and a very happy little boy and hubby too (I totally surprised him with his GPS! :) and oh yeah, I was happy with all my gifts too! :) Then it was a mad dash to visit my dad, dinner at Cindy's (my mother-in-law) and then off to my Aunt's. The running around like a mad family all day, I could do without, but I wouldn't trade my family time for anything on this planet. We had a great Christmas, and never forgot what the TRUE meaning of Christmas is all about!!!!!!!

Oh, and I can't forget...Unfortunately, I can't get in to much detail because I have been sworn to secrecy, BUT, let's just say our family (meaning immediate and extended) has gotten their Christmas miracle. I can't divulge just yet what it is, because we need to get some more concrete "evidence" but I will be sure to share as soon as I can :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and blessings for a great 2009! I am going to post a seperate blog, probably tomorrow, about my hopes and dreams (and possibly a resolution or two ;) for 2009

Here are some pics of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day..

No comments: