Thursday, November 20, 2008

What I Love

I'd have to say my favorite part, or one of my favorite parts of each day is driving my son, Manuel to daycare. Although I wish I could be a stay-at-home mommy, that's not in the cards right now, so he goes to daycare. I LOVE LOVE LOVE his daycare provider, Linnie. She has cared for him since he was 8 months old and loves him as if he's her own. It's an in-home daycare, and there is about 4 other children who attend on a regular basis. Manuel loves it, and for that I love it! But back to my point :) ...I love our commute to daycare each day. It's about a 45 minute drive (95 and 895 traffic that time of day is not for the weak of heart :) and the conversations we have are priceless. There are SO many funny things that come out of Manuel's mouth during our drive, and sometimes I wish we were being recorded because I know these are times that I definitely will look back on and think how lucky I am. (especially when he's 15 and despises everything I say and do! :)). This morning, amongst many things, we were talking about Thanksgiving and how we'll be eating dinner at Aunt Lucy's. I then proceeded to tell him about everyone going around the table and saying what they are thankful for. Grant it, he's only 2 1/2, but trust me, he's advanced (per his neurologist might I add ;) so he gets what I'm saying. And I say, "Manuel, what are you going to say that you are thankful for?" And his reply was, "I'm thankful for Thanksgiving." :) To each his own! :)

I love my son and I am SO greatful for our time together each morning. My day wouldn't be complete without our conversations, and him always making me laugh by the off-the-wall things that come out of his mouth! :)

No comments: