Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I do have things to say...

Two posts in one day, I guess that's a good start to this blogging world! :)

How many of you have heard of DIPG? If you were like me, up until about 10 months ago, that term was not something I had EVER heard, until I came across a beautiful little girl named Sophie Quayle (www.smilesforsophie.com). If you read her story you will NEVER be the same! Through her site I came to know tons, TOO MANY children, with DIPG. DIPG stands for Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma. It is a inoperable brain stem tumor. A diagnosis of this type is terminal, and in fact most children don't make it a year past diagnosis. Please go to www.icouldbeyourchild.org and read about all the wonderful children who are sadly afflicted with this disease as well as those that have earned their angel wings. DIPG is a cause very near to my heart because of these children and the horror they go through!!!!! We need to get the word out about this pediatric cancer (as we do with ALL pediatric cancers) and get research going and find a cure. Also, if your interested please visit www.colesfoundation.com and become a part of their "team", I did and it is truly a blessing. I follow several Care pages and Caringbridge sites and it's nice to be part of a team that prays for these sick children. I don't want my blog to only be about cancer and dying, as that can be very depressing, I know. BUT it's a reality of life, and we need to get the word out and have Pediatric Cancer a number one priority for President-Elect Obama.

No comments: