Thursday, November 20, 2008

For those who say I take WAY too many pictures

I am reading a book called "Notes Left Behind-135 Days with Elena" written by Keith and Brooke Desserich who's 6 year old daughter Elena died of an inoperable, terminal brain tumor. I was touched by a paragraph that he wrote, in reference to their first family portrait that they had taken AFTER Elena's diagnosis. Everyone always makes fun of me (in a friendly manner, of course) for taking SO many pictures. But trust me, I know that each one of those pictures comes with a memory that can never be replaced. Here is what Keith says,

"The experience was one I wish we had had every year. Oh how I wish I could look back upon the past years and say, "Look at how young she was," or "She couldn't sit still then." Every picture tells a tale of the happier times-we just never took enough. And although the burdens of today will fade into what we will discover in the burdens of tomorrow, one thing will remain clear; the love expressed in those photos will help us overcome any challenge ahead. Take a picture."

So beautifully put by a father who wishes he had taken more pictures!

1 comment:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Wow that is so very true! I take tons of pictures too and was heartbroken when my computer crashed and I lost almost a year of pictures including Keeghan's first Christmas, birthday etc. Makes me SO sad :(. I cherish each picture of my children and the memories that go along with it!